Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$_57.JPG

I'm trying to source the right tool set for my 2007 Cayman S since the previous owner lost it, some have this metal wand with yellow numb others do not, what is it for?

·
Registered
104 Posts
To remove the front headlights.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if that tool is used to remove the headlights, what is the T-bar tool in the box for with the hex socket on the end for?

That looks like a sharp chisel like you could use to remove the bead of a tire? Maybe its for cleaning a tire before patching. How would you use it?

I only mention it because some kits have it and some don't I think the Boxster kits have it and the 911 and Caymans do not...

$(KGrHqJ,!hoF!e-9go0IBQR9F0toPQ~~60_57.JPG

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Just my guess.....if the Boxsters and 911 Cabriolets have the tool and Caymans don't then it is most likely something to do with raising the roof when the power mechanism can't.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
To remove the front headlights.
Nope.

if that tool is used to remove the headlights, what is the T-bar tool in the box for with the hex socket on the end for?
Yes, the hex ended tool is for headlight removal. Directions in the Owner's Manual.

Just my guess.....if the Boxsters and 911 Cabriolets have the tool and Caymans don't then it is most likely something to do with raising the roof when the power mechanism can't.:cheers:
Exactly. Good guess. Directions in the Boxster Owner's Manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts