Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in the market for a new Cayman S over the next year here, and am wondering what lease deals you all have received? I'm most likely going to lease vs. purchase for tax purposes w/ my LLC, so I'm wondering what kind of payments I'll be looking at?
I've "built" the Cayman S w/ the options I'd like online, and I'd be looking at about $71k msrp
I'm not big on putting money down on leases, so I'd most likely be looking at 36 months w/ no money down other than what's necessary (first months payment, etc.).

What should I expect to pay w/ a decent deal?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I pay 628, including tax on my lease

I put 5k down and 1500 for extra insurances (wear and tear upon return and tires)

I would recommend you get these insurances - usually each is 1500k, but I negotiated both for 1500k)

The other day my tire was busted, and in 4 hours porsche pick up my car and I had a new tire - the cost was $500 and I didn't pay anything, so the insurance paid for itself0

Currently I have a 2008 Cayman S (Triptonic/Navi).

I've considered release my lease, since work is making me travel too much (already last year and this year) but first I will try to do a third party buy out.

Hope this helps, check swaplease or lease trader, good offers there too.

D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pay 628, including tax on my lease

I put 5k down and 1500 for extra insurances (wear and tear upon return and tires)

I would recommend you get these insurances - usually each is 1500k, but I negotiated both for 1500k)

The other day my tire was busted, and in 4 hours porsche pick up my car and I had a new tire - the cost was $500 and I didn't pay anything, so the insurance paid for itself0

Currently I have a 2008 Cayman S (Triptonic/Navi).

I've considered release my lease, since work is making me travel too much (already last year and this year) but first I will try to do a third party buy out.

Hope this helps, check swaplease or lease trader, good offers there too.

D
$628/month is great, but the $5000 down makes a huge impact on that. How many months is your lease for?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Assuming a 2010 CS $71000 MSRP @5% off = $67450

Quotes using current special lease MF .00186

Cayman S 6-speed
36 month term, 10k miles per year, $0 down = 1020/mo +tax

Cayman S PDK
36 month term, 10k miles per year, $0 down = 1040/mo +tax

Hope this gives you a ballpark idea.

·
Registered
434 Posts

Cayman S 6-speed

Cayman S PDK

Ash:

I wish I had your job. It is so helpful to have your professional input.

Thank you

Phil
:burnout:

·
Registered
23 Posts
The lease is for 36 months

Now I have 24 months left which makes it more attractive since I have build up miles these last 12 months.

From the 5k down, 3000 was cap reduction the rest went on title/taxes etc.., which you will not avoid.

You can buy the leaseguide kit from Car Lease Guide - Free Guide to Smart Car Leasing - LeaseGuide.com, when I enter my numbers my deal shows as pretty good, in fact I'm happy with the deal and the car, just not using it.

Further, you must get the insurances otherwise just one tire is $500 and you want to have peace of mind protection with cars like this.

There is no low leases with Porsche/Audi/BMW unless you go with some capital reduction, of course you can also pay it in your monthly payment but then you raise your payment to the $800 possibly $1000's in newer models as Porsche Hawaii mentions.

Regular insurance I pay around $150 a month which is not so bad $100k/300k/100k which you will have to add to the cost of the car.

Fuel consumption, very good for the 300hp! 320 in newer models!

One thing is for sure: Nothing, nothing! feels better than to start your day in a Porsche Cayman S.

Well, maybe one thing :)

Hope this helps
David

$628/month is great, but the $5000 down makes a huge impact on that. How many months is your lease for?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Cayman S 6-speed

Cayman S PDK

That does, thanks for the great input!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts

Cayman S 6-speed

Cayman S PDK

I wish the dealers here offer the lease option; i.e I'd have traded in my Cayman for a 911 turbo in a blink of an eye!!!

Sadly, Porsche here (as all expensive car dealers) do not offer installments or lease on their cars..!!! They only accept CASH :( And banks charge ridiculous (8%+3.5%) 11.5% interest rate for car loans :crazy:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'll be in the market for a new Cayman S over the next year here, and am wondering what lease deals you all have received? I'm most likely going to lease vs. purchase for tax purposes w/ my LLC, so I'm wondering what kind of payments I'll be looking at?
I've "built" the Cayman S w/ the options I'd like online, and I'd be looking at about $71k msrp
I'm not big on putting money down on leases, so I'd most likely be looking at 36 months w/ no money down other than what's necessary (first months payment, etc.).

What should I expect to pay w/ a decent deal?
Greetings,

To answer your question is complicated. Number one, it depends on how well you can negotiate. 2. Don't fall in love with the car, love the deal. 3. Audi and BMW had better leasing deals (in March); Chevrolet/Corvette was not so good. 4. Leasing is a simple mathematical formula. It depends on the selling price (this is the price minus the MSRP), money factor rate (currently around 0.00222) and residual factor (last month it was 54% for three years at 12000 miles per year). 5. Never put any money down. It may lower your payment, but you'll get better use out of your money in the market (stock, gold, mutual funds, bonds, etc.). If you get into an accident and the car is totaled, you may be out your down payment or cap reduction payment. Let your money work for you. 6. Try and negotiate between two or three dealers. 7. Your money factor rate will depend on your credit rating. The better the credit, the better the money factor/interest rate from the bank. 8. Check to see if the dealer has access to any special incentive plans or rebates.

You should be able to compare your math with the dealer's math - they should be within a few dollars of each other. I personally believe 5% under MSRP is okay, not great. According to some experts, a great deal is $900 or less over invoice. With some patience, persistence, and knowledge, you should be able to lease one for around invoice.

Do some research and compare sales from this year to 2009. If they are down, there may be an opportunity for you to negotiate a great deal.

Good luck with the process.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greetings,

To answer your question is complicated. Number one, it depends on how well you can negotiate. 2. Don't fall in love with the car, love the deal. 3. Audi and BMW had better leasing deals (in March); Chevrolet/Corvette was not so good. 4. Leasing is a simple mathematical formula. It depends on the selling price (this is the price minus the MSRP), money factor rate (currently around 0.00222) and residual factor (last month it was 54% for three years at 12000 miles per year). 5. Never put any money down. It may lower your payment, but you'll get better use out of your money in the market (stock, gold, mutual funds, bonds, etc.). If you get into an accident and the car is totaled, you may be out your down payment or cap reduction payment. Let your money work for you. 6. Try and negotiate between two or three dealers. 7. Your money factor rate will depend on your credit rating. The better the credit, the better the money factor/interest rate from the bank. 8. Check to see if the dealer has access to any special incentive plans or rebates.

You should be able to compare your math with the dealer's math - they should be within a few dollars of each other. I personally believe 5% under MSRP is okay, not great. According to some experts, a great deal is $900 or less over invoice. With some patience, persistence, and knowledge, you should be able to lease one for around invoice.

Do some research and compare sales from this year to 2009. If they are down, there may be an opportunity for you to negotiate a great deal.

Good luck with the process.

Great advice!

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Take Former UMMC's advice.

I just negotiated a lease for my wife's new SUV. It wasn't as easy as it used to be. (I've been leasing cars for 25 years.) I went to a dozen dealerships and looked at twice that many cars and SUVs. (Honda, VW, Audi, GMC, Buick, Nissan, Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, Ford) Nobody wanted to give good lease deal. Higher end cars and SUVs (Audi, Land Rover* and BMW for example) seemed to be the hardest to negotiate with. In fact one BMW dealer told me that I would be better off to buy and said that they are steering people away from leases. I ended up getting another Mercedes because they priced that particular SUV quite reasonably and gave me the best money factor. (I have been dealing with that dealership for 18 years/4 cars. Maybe that helped.)

Remember - In a lease think money factor. Don't think about percentage rates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.