Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been asked before. I tried to search, but you can imagine how many hits you get with "new model year month" or some such set of terms.

Anyway, I'm looking to order a Cayman S in April of 2015 for Tourist Delivery. But if the 2016s come out in May (or even June), I may just wait. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I don't know exactly, but ours was built over the July 4th weekend and it was a 2015. I was surprised it was that early, the typical pattern I'm used to is the new model year comes out after the factory shuts down for the summer around August.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do know that the Caymans start their new model year very early, definitely before the august factory closing. My dealer said he thinks it's May/June, depending on the model. I wondered if someone here had more precise info.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I believe the earliest delivery of a new model year is May in the USA, but I'm not certain. It might be earlier in Europe.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Was anything changed with 2015 model last May/Jun?

I did read that TPMS is now standard (in UK at least) but would be interested what else if anything

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
It's usually the first week in June although I know someone who got the next model year that started production in the last week in May. You need to work with your dealer to get the next model year allocation which is hard sometimes since they may have current year allocations still open.

I actually ordered a 2013 981BS in March 2013 with a May build for european deliver. Before the order was placed with the factory, I begged my dealer to change it to a 2014 allocation with build date in early June. He complied and saved me a year's worth of depreciation.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I first looked at a Cayman in January. I wanted a reversing camera, which was not available on the 14's. I was told that they wouldn't know if the 15's had it until May at the earliest. So, had to wait. after killing additional time hunting for a eal, finally ordered lae June. My CS is due to arrive tomorrow, so it has really been a 10 month wait.

·
Registered
734 Posts
This year, the first 2015 were being assembled at the end of May and delivered late July/early Aug. Mine entered the shop in the first week of June and was delivered in Aug.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the data points, folks. Now I have to decide if I want to pick up the car in late April, or wait until early June for a 2016. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I believe all German cars (BMW, MB, Porsches) are the same. I ordered my Mercedes May 2nd and got a late July delivery for the next year model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts