Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I am planning on selling my PSE to another member on the forum. What will i need to remove in addition to the exhaust for the PSE to funtion fine on his car? Does he need to transfer any standard parts from his car to mine for my new Borla to work fine. We know the PSE has vac lines, etc.. however we are both not sure on what needs to be removed and what needs to be replaced. Can someone shed some light please?

Regards
Sam

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Sam,
just been Reading up on this by searching old posts and it looks like it might depend on if you have sports chrono? Is that a seperate button to the pse button?
Just so people know the car the pse is being fitted to is a 2008. Think this makes a difference to what is needed also. I'll keep searching but any help would be appreciated
cheers
leon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Leon

I do have the Sports Chrono installed as well however i dont think the removal of the PSE and addition of the Borla will affect the Sports Chrono. The PSE can be installed on a car with or without the Chrono package i think. Guys???

Regards
Dub

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went from PSE w/Sport Chrono to Borla. Very simple. Before removing the PSE system you will see two stainless vac lines running to the right and left modules that control the "loudness baffles" :) You must remove these lines prior to droping down the PSE system. Remove the soft rubber t-adaptor from the primary the vac line (above the trans). Find a spot to safety the wire the remainig unsed primary vac line. I used a piece of leftover -3 stainless braid hose and plugged the one end using a 10-32 screw then used a -3 hose clamp. Once you make the move to an aftermarket system, you will no longer need the vac line. The Sports Chrono still will works perfect with re-mapping the throttle etc..... Your new system provides the loudness without the need to flip a switch :dance:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi CLH

The thing is i am moving my PSE to L3ON_CS's 2008 CS. What components will i need to remove from my CS to his CS along side the Exhaust for it to work fine on his car? Do i need to remove the two stainless steel vac lines from my car to install them on his car?

Regards
Dub

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
You also need to give him the solenoid that actually opens and closes the valves on the PSE, unless he just wants the exhaust always open. This solenoid is only required if he wants the functionality of the PSE and not just the sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts