·
Premium Member
285 Posts
GT3 82mm TB

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
82mm T/B + IPD Competition Plenum if you haven't done it as others mentioned

Then pulley is good. How about coilovers etc?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cayman R springs? :)

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
how about..

Lower control arms to GT3
bilstein ps 10 all around
swaybars (front and rear)
strut support bar (front and back)

third radiator.. there is a kit for the 987

lemon

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
How about doing some weight reductions on your car?

Rennline Battery Mount and a Odyssey PCF925 Battery
Battery Mount Kits-Rennline, Inc.

You could be like Zinger, order some GT2 bucket seats :cool:

BTW: Is your car a 3.4L or a 2.9L?

If you car is a 2.9L, then adding a competition plenum and the larger throttle body will be a total waste of money, AFAIK the 3.4L and the 2.9L both share the same throttle body size. (In other words the stock throttle body won't be a bottleneck for performance in a 2.9L)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Reactions: Boiler Inspector

·
Registered
162 Posts
How about doing some weight reductions on your car?

Rennline Battery Mount and a Odyssey PCF925 Battery
Battery Mount Kits-Rennline, Inc.

You could be like Zinger, order some GT2 bucket seats :cool:

BTW: Is your car a 3.4L or a 2.9L?

If you car is a 2.9L, then adding a competition plenum and the larger throttle body will be a total waste of money, AFAIK the 3.4L and the 2.9L both share the same throttle body size. (In other words the stock throttle body won't be a bottleneck for performance in a 2.9L)
Would a gt3 TB with plenum still be a waste of money on a 2.9L pdk car?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bilstein B16 PSS9

H&R sway bars

EvoMS intake

IPD 82mm plenum w/ 997 GT3 Throttle Body

Porsche Motorsport A.O.S.

FVD Oil Pan

Third Radiator Kit

list goes on really

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Would a gt3 TB with plenum still be a waste of money on a 2.9L pdk car?
My guess would be yes, I'm yet to see any dyno's from folks who have done a competition plenum + gt3TB upgrade on their 2.9L.

From what I could tell by the Porsche PET Catalog both the 2.9L and the 3.4L engines use the same throttle body part #997 605 115 01, so given the differences in displacement between the 2.9L and the 3.4L that probably means that the stock 2.9L throttle body should not be a bottleneck in regards to airflow.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
How about making it handle better and ride better at the same time!
Best bang for your buck out there.

TPC DSC Dynamic Stability control system.
Watch this link.....................
http://www.tpcracing.com/dsc.html
https://vimeo.com/35957249

TPC Racing Dynamic Suspension Control (DSC) - Rennlist Discussion Forums
The video doesn't say too much as there isn't a side by side comparison.

I have the unit, and it really transforms the way PASM works on 987.1 cars. I love it. But that's provided you have PASM originally, otherwise you would need to get the extra harness + new coilovers to get that going. Well worth the money if you ask me. FYI, I have TPC DSC + Bilstein B16 Damptronic coilovers + WaveTrac TBD + sport cats + IPD Plenum (non competition) + Mantis pulley + Softronic Flash. I really love the way the car drives. Next up would be GT3 calipers if I get more serious with track.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Noob question alert:

I have the IPD Plenum and I saw the flywheel and GT3 throttle body for sale.
Can someone explain to me what the GT3 throttle body does if I already have the IPD plenum? Sorry I am not a mechanic by any means.
Also what kind of performance or sound increase can I expect? My main priority is a better sound from secondary a better performance.

PS: Coil overs are installed.

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
midnight blue splitters and artic silver vents 019.jpg IMG_2982.jpg midnight blue splitters and artic silver vents 022.jpg 2012-08-22 04.54.38.jpg DSC00127.jpg
Noob question alert:

I have the IPD Plenum and I saw the flywheel and GT3 throttle body for sale.
Can someone explain to me what the GT3 throttle body does if I already have the IPD plenum? Sorry I am not a mechanic by any means.
Also what kind of performance or sound increase can I expect? My main priority is a better sound from secondary a better performance.

PS: Coil overs are installed.
Nothing- you already have the bigger plenum and TB with the IPD modification -gen 1 and gen 2 cars need increased air flow and you don't get that with the E-voms because it simply does not bring in more air to the side vent that actually does something to your cars performance as you increase in HP . Porsche finally corrected this in the gen 3 models by adding a turbo styled side vent to bring in more air to force the increase air induction and gain more power as go faster . gen 1 and gen 2 models need as pictured and you are up to speed -track proven over 15 HP increase :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts