Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone decorated my Cayman with 2 deep scratches - one on the front bumper and the other on the left door. Who the f*ck does **** like this. I parked well between the lines and am always conscious of door dinks. Wasnt blocking anybody. I'm super pissed.

Wonder if you've experienced this and how you deal with it.

(Definitely wasnt a jilted lover :cool:)

Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Automotive lighting Automotive tire Road surface

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Grey

• Wow
Reactions: Kaybat

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
85 Posts
We had a really old guy like 80s key right down the side of our audi S5 about 5 years ago. Fortunately it was caught on cctv and they went to talk to him. He said we were parked to close to the curb and he "must" have accidently done it. The police told me it was the 5th time and the 5th car WTF!!! CRAZY OLD GOAT!!

Went through insurance at a cost of £2-3k

·
Registered
772 Posts
Some ppl are just ****$—Either clueless or jealous or just plain mean. Don’t take it personally (I’m sure it’s hard) and just get a good shop to fix it properly. Sorry this happened.

#meanpplsuck

Shawn in VA (USA)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yeah, people suck! I used to park my P cars and a restored muscle car I had years ago out away on their own in parking lots, but stopped because its a magnet for A-holes like this. They would see it out there alone, and then go out of their way to approach it and do stuff like this.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
This is terrible. Happened to my wife's brand new Rav 4 a year ago. In fact some POS did about 15 cars on our street, targeting the new & expensive ones. This is the sick scum that roams the streets at night. I would love to catch one in the act.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm so sorry this happened to you, it's why I have a very hard time traveling in the Spyder when a hotel stay is needed. The examples the other's provided don't surprise me after completing a 2000 mile trip this week. I will however make this distinction, sometimes this happens when someone has beef with you, that happened to me in HS.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
A good independent body shop can make those disappear as well, I know my guys would crush that job. I wanted to add people never consider these are possessions we sacrificed to obtain, not a congratulations for getting into U of M. Seems like everyone I read about here earned their cars.

·
Registered
2008 Base 2.7L
7 Posts
Posts like this are infuriating. What's that line from The Dark Knight -- Some men just want to watch the world burn?

I haven't tried their kit for scratch repair, but DrColorChip (not sure if links are allowed here) has a pretty good product for road rash that I've been very happy with. The claim it works well for scratches too. Might be worth a shot. (Aside, I had someone leave a nice door ding in my NA Miata a couple of years ago and they actually left a note saying they were sorry and they would pay for it. All kinds of people out there...) The paintless dent repair mentioned above is a good idea too. They are capable of a lot more than you would think. Let us know how it works out!

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
It would not do for me to catch that POS in the act. I'm sure that I couldn't restrain myself.

Years ago I had a brand new Pontiac Grand Prix that someone scratched down the side. I figure they were just jealous.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I figure they were just jealous.
This is exactly the case. Most now days want theirs without the work to get it and because they don't have it (and likely don't have the patience, ability or drive to achieve anything), the ones who do will pay.

Idiots

I have never had this happen but it is infuriating when I see it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So sorry. That sucks. Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons I almost never take the car to the mall or places where it will park for a long time. My car was at the palisades am once and my plan was to park really far away and by coincidence I parked right next to a like minded owner of a 981 S agate grey cayman. As I walked away the cars looked great but I thought about some stupid kids doing something. Luckily nothing happened. People just suck, no respect at all. An 85 year old half blind man drove right into my SUV once. Cost me the $500 deductible because his insurance would not pay and my insurance gave up after a year. It’s the responsible people who always pay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the support and appreciate the wonderful community here at P9, definitely helps with the process of the fact that I've got 2 deep scratches on my Cayman.

I was swinging from "it's just a car" to reduce my anger - to "that's my baby!" to feel the hurt that some bl**dy idiot would do such a thing to someone else's property. WTF it's a 15 year old car for heaven's sake, why pick on my car. Yes I still have a fair amount of anger to flush

Reactions: ELCID86

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the support and appreciate the wonderful community here at P9, definitely helps with the process of the fact that I've got 2 deep scratches on my Cayman.

I was swinging from "it's just a car" to reduce my anger - to "that's my baby!" to feel the hurt that some bl**dy idiot would do such a thing to someone else's property. WTF it's a 15 year old car for heaven's sake, why pick on my car. Yes I still have a fair amount of anger to flush
Sounds like you need a real fast run on some mountain roads to get the anger out. We feel your pain.

·
Registered
2017 Cayman S
75 Posts
Someone decorated my Cayman with 2 deep scratches - one on the front bumper and the other on the left door. Who the f*ck does **** like this. I parked well between the lines and am always conscious of door dinks. Wasnt blocking anybody. I'm super pissed.

Wonder if you've experienced this and how you deal with it.

(Definitely wasnt a jilted lover :cool:)

View attachment 283852

View attachment 283853
Sounds like you need a real fast run on some mountain roads to get the anger out. We feel your pain.
Would have been Fun to catch them ~

1 - 18 of 18 Posts