Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tires are the new Caymans delivered with?
(I searched "OEM tires" and got a cornucopia of tire related threads, but couldn't find anything about oem tires)
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
My 2006 came with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s, while my 2009 CS came with Continental ContiSportContact 3s (both 18" wheels). I've seen other 2009s with PS2s as well.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
My 2009 has 18" 235/40 fronts and 265/40 rears in Continental Contact 3 N1.

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
looks to me there was not set standard....what ever they had laying around in the shop I suppose. :)

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
There is one thing in common with all of these tires, they should all be "N" rated according to Porsche. I'm still not sure what that really means!

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
There is one thing in common with all of these tires, they should all be "N" rated according to Porsche. I'm still not sure what that really means!
N ratings are specific to Porsche. It means that specific model of tire has been tested and approved by Porsche itself. As the tire model evolves and new generations are tested and approved, the Nx rating increases by one - i.e., N0 to N1, N2 to N3, etc.

·
Registered
444 Posts
09 CS Pirelli PZEROs

·
Registered
417 Posts
My 2010 CS comes with Bridgestone tires with Y rating.
:thanks:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The tally with 14 replies:
Michelin-5, Bridgestone-4, Goodyear-2, Continental-2, Pirelli-1
I guess Saucerman is right; "...what ever they had laying around in the shop"
Thanks to all who replied.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
On the other side, most dealers will be happy to swap tires to a brand/model of your choice when you buy the car. It's usually limited to the stock they have on hand, though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts