Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Once I stated that I dont mind the 4 cylinder turbo. The car is so capable. But the 6 cylinder boxer is an instrument that plays melodies.

I would be stoked to get into the GTS too.
I am looking to buy my first Porsche so I don't know what they are supposed to sound like, but I test drove a 718 base and S and know what those sound like, and I heard a 21 GTS at the dealership and it definitely sounded better but after having several vettes and a 16 camaro 2ss (all with NPP or course, the chevy version of PSE) I don't see what all the fuss is about IMHO.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hm, sure, but 2021 718 GTS is definitely toned down compared to a 981 GTS which for some is a benchmark of exhaust sound for Caymans/Boxsters in general. If you play with exhaust on the new cars you will get there. And then a 4 cylinder lacks. But all is subjective, you know what they say, you feel like James Dean in the 4 cyl.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Totally understand your logic but have you driven a 718 S?
No, nor did I drive 991.2 I am planning to sign up for PEC Atlanta this spring and will try to be open-minded.

If it will help, I did drive cars with excellently executed leather seats with heating and ventilation. That still didn't make me chose leather seats when I had a choice of cloth seats. Why bother with something like that when cloth seats have no problem with being too hot or too cold - added bonus is you do not slide in them when you actually drive? Same thing with NA engine without doodads to make it behave as NA engine.

If I lived at 11,000 ft and racetrack I go to is at same elevation, I would most seriously consider turbo. But, lucky me, I live very close to 0 ft above sea level :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
No, nor did I drive 991.2 I am planning to sign up for PEC Atlanta this spring and will try to be open-minded.

If it will help, I did drive cars with excellently executed leather seats with heating and ventilation. That still didn't make me chose leather seats when I had a choice of cloth seats. Why bother with something like that when cloth seats have no problem with being too hot or too cold - added bonus is you do not slide in them when you actually drive? Same thing with NA engine without doodads to make it behave as NA engine.

If I lived at 11,000 ft and racetrack I go to is at same elevation, I would most seriously consider turbo. But, lucky me, I live very close to 0 ft above sea level :)
Totally agree with you on leather seats, everybody wants leather but I will always take cloth if available. Leather is hot when it's hot and cold when it's cold and as you mentioned they add seat heaters and ventilators at extra cost, weight, complexity so they are more like cloth seats.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts