Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
How about a 51 Ford 4-door Deluxe sedan w/3 on the tree and electric overdrive. I tore the trans out twice power shifting from 1st to 2nd to get 2nd fear scratch.:sneaky:

·
Registered
510 Posts
How about a 1959 DKW 3=6 (Auto-Union. later became Audi). 3 Cylinder 2 Cycle (3x2=6) about 45HP, front wheel drive when there weren't any others except SAAB. Mix oil with the gasoline. These photos aren't of mine, but of it's identical twin - white/rust top and gray bottom. The Cuban army used these cars with the rear windows knocked out and a machine gun mounted on a pivot in the rear sticking out where the rear window used to be.

It was rare, unusual, and cheap ($180 well used) then. It's still rare and unusual but not as cheap now.

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
How about a 1959 DKW 3=6 (Auto-Union. later became Audi). 3 Cylinder 2 Cycle (3x2=6) about 45HP, front wheel drive when there weren't any others except SAAB. Mix oil with the gasoline. These photos aren't of mine, but of it's identical twin - white/rust top and gray bottom. The Cuban army used these cars with the rear windows knocked out and a machine gun mounted on a pivot in the rear sticking out where the rear window used to be.

It was rare, unusual, and cheap ($180 well used) then. It's still rare and unusual but not as cheap now.

View attachment 273690

View attachment 273691
View attachment 273692
Beautiful!

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

View attachment 273690

View attachment 273691
View attachment 273692
Let's get a small free EBC gift sent out to you, PM your address.

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not what you were expecting but since you asked... My first car was a 1973 Pontiac Catalina, 4 door with the 400 cu in V8 (or 6.6 litre for the Brits). That was the car that started the phrase "Land Yacht." It probably also caused the oil shortage in '73. Mine was a former fleet vehicle and was so worn out that I had to crank on the steering wheel like a dirt track racer just to keep it on the road. It had to be one of the worst cars GM ever made. Mine was metallic BRG even though there was nothing British or racy about it. I had it for a year and sold it for a Toyota Corolla because I couldn't afford to put gas in it. Here is a picture from the internet. It is amazing that even pictures survive of that behemoth. View attachment 273586
Let's get a small free EBC gift sent out to you, PM your address.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts