Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm told these 19s are off a boxster. Just want to verify as if they are, its likely that they will be right for my 2010 987.2 S.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,667 Posts
It doesn't look familiar to me. Suggest you look at the back side of the wheel, for the part number, wheel offset, etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't add a link because I'm new. Looks this wheel, possibly powdercoated. Or maybe it's also available in black.

Google: 98260102588Z

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't add a link because I'm new. Looks this wheel, possibly powdercoated. Or maybe it's also available in black.

Google: 98260102588Z
Hi,

yes... i found it at porsche's website as well. Its off a 718.

Let'
s see if a deal can be made.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So my stock right now runs 235/40/18 and 265/40/18.

On 19s, my 987.2S per the door sticker, should be running 235/35/19 and 265/35/19.

These 718 19s run 235/40 and 265/40.

Can I run 235/40 and 265/40 and what impact would it be? I ask as these rims come with 40 tires now and if I had to change them to 35 19s, then financially, I may just stick with my 18s and go new tires.

My non-PASM is stock but I will be going to R springs which will put me 20 mm lower.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
In theory, you can probably run the 40 series tires, but there may be rubbing when turning and the speedo/odo will be off by a couple percent. The ABS is sensitive to tire size but may be okay. The sidewalls will also look a bit too big from the side I think. So I'd be inclined to switch to the correct 35 series tires if you do go with the 19's. They are good looking rims.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
So my stock right now runs 235/40/18 and 265/40/18.

On 19s, my 987.2S per the door sticker, should be running 235/35/19 and 265/35/19.

These 718 19s run 235/40 and 265/40.

Can I run 235/40 and 265/40 and what impact would it be? I ask as these rims come with 40 tires now and if I had to change them to 35 19s, then financially, I may just stick with my 18s and go new tires.

My non-PASM is stock but I will be going to R springs which will put me 20 mm lower.

Thanks.
That first picture, is it the actual tire/wheel you are looking at? If yes do I read the sidewall to say 275/40ZR19? That would put the sizing even further from what you want. I also notice no valve stem, if you have TPMS in your car you may be looking at the purchase of a set of 4 new sensors as well.

IMHO, best to stay with the factory sizes and offsets, sure you can make other work, but unless you absolutely 'love' those used 19's then it really isn't worth it. Your 18" set currently had the widest recommended tires for your car anyway...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In theory, you can probably run the 40 series tires, but there may be rubbing when turning and the speedo/odo will be off by a couple percent. The ABS is sensitive to tire size but may be okay. The sidewalls will also look a bit too big from the side I think. So I'd be inclined to switch to the correct 35 series tires if you do go with the 19's. They are good looking rims.
That first picture, is it the actual tire/wheel you are looking at? If yes do I read the sidewall to say 275/40ZR19? That would put the sizing even further from what you want. I also notice no valve stem, if you have TPMS in your car you may be looking at the purchase of a set of 4 new sensors as well.

IMHO, best to stay with the factory sizes and offsets, sure you can make other work, but unless you absolutely 'love' those used 19's then it really isn't worth it. Your 18" set currently had the widest recommended tires for your car anyway...
Yup. Thanks guys. I think I'll just ditch the whole 19 wheel idea which is better for my near all street driving. I'm just chasing the PS4S which is only available on my shores in 19s.

Will just stick with the PS2s. Realy old tires and tech but still very good.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
life is too short not to try the new tyres... even I was reluctant to move away from the Pilot Super Sports but those rubber guys sure know their stuff :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
life is too short not to try the new tyres... even I was reluctant to move away from the Pilot Super Sports but those rubber guys sure know their stuff :)
Agree.. wanted to move to PSS as well but low and behold, no stock. Anyways, have ordered a new set of PS2 rears given my lack of options.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts