Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

What will Porsche unveil at 2014 LA Auto Show?

• Cayman/Boxster 4 Cyl Turbos

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Cayman GT4

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Macan Diesel for US

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • Other (describe below)

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/3/survey4.jpg It's coming up on that time of year again when the LA Auto Show website starts showing premiers and world premiers coming to this year's show. Porsche has a "tradition" of showing the new Cayman/Boxster models at the LA Auto Show. Will this year be any different? So far there is no confirmed word from Porsche that a new Boxster/Cayman offering will be on display at this year's show but that has never stopped us from speculating now has it? I've decided to put up a main topic thread on the subject (to hopefully somewhat curtail the plethora if different threads about the same subject that seem to crop up every year) in order to give us one place to discuss what we think will be at this year's show and why before any official announcements are made.

Additionally, I have created a quick poll that our member's can use to help convey their answers. Please feel free to explain why you chose the answer you did in the poll by replying to this message topic below. For those attending the LA Auto Show this year it might be a good time to start coordinating attendance in order to travel with or hang out with fellow Planet-9.com members! No word yet on whether or not I will be at the show this year, if not, everyone is welcome to wear K-Man S shirts and pretend to be me or The Stig, whichever you prefer! :)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I don't think they will reveal anything new this year. The GTS was just recently revealed and the GT4 is still in development and is too close to the GTS launch. I think we will see the GT4 next year, but not this year. This year may be a "low key" year where all that Porsche has to show is what they recently launched, ie. Macan and Cayman/Boxter GTS.

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
36-way power seats. Every conceivable surface wrapped in leather w/deviated stitching.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Macan 4-cylinder turbo.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
36-way power seats. Every conceivable surface wrapped in leather w/deviated stitching.
This post is on to something. I bet Porsche unveils more options to separate us from our bucks. Maybe a fancier stitch as an option, or a knob to adjust the volume on the symposer.

Reactions: Por Sha

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts
This post is on to something. I bet Porsche unveils more options to separate us from our bucks. ... a knob to adjust the volume on the symposer.
That already exists. It's called the sound symposer mod. Some people hate it. Some people love it. So some people stuff the hole with a rag to muffle the sound. Others rip out the insulation and cover the hole back up to make it louder.

No matter what they do, you can't please everyone :(

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like answers are spread out among choices. Always puzzles me when lots of people read a topic but so few actually vote. Is it really that hard to vote for something?

I was contemplating asking members here about an event for next year, but if people aren't going to participate in votes then I'm not sure if I should bother...

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts
4cyl turbo for base 911...read about those rumors on R&T today.
This? Why a turbo base-model Porsche 911 doesn't make any sense - Road & Track

That article is making the rounds in the 911 community. One person hit it on the nail of which I'll summarize as saying that the R&T piece is US centric. It's not about CAFE numbers. PAG has for years paid the fines (well actually the consumer pays the fines built into the cost of the car). Rather, its about EU regulations, carbon stuff, etc. So, yeah, its coming, and I think the hybrid technology is coming too. Just a matter of time. Energy, green stuff, its all coming.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks like answers are spread out among choices. Always puzzles me when lots of people read a topic but so few actually vote. Is it really that hard to vote for something?

I was contemplating asking members here about an event for next year, but if people aren't going to participate in votes then I'm not sure if I should bother...
A bunch of us read this forum with Tapatalk, and the vote doesn't show. I didn't even realize this thread was a vote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
773 Posts

Most likely people didn't vote because they have no idea what Porsche will introduce, if anything. Truth is, nobody knows. Add an "I have no earthly idea" and you'll get your votes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts