Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

What will Porsche unveil at 2014 LA Auto Show?

• Cayman/Boxster 4 Cyl Turbos

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Cayman GT4

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Macan Diesel for US

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • Other (describe below)

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Most likely people didn't vote because they have no idea what Porsche will introduce, if anything. Truth is, nobody knows. Add an "I have no earthly idea" and you'll get your votes.
That falls under the last option in the poll...

Sent from my Galaxy Prime Windows Mobile 8.5 Phone via TapaTalk

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Having seen a Macan diesel in Italy on the highway, this is getting my vote... But since I am not waiting for a new car quite yet (except for a SportTourismo that is going to be competitively priced, yeah right) I will take whatever they will throw at us ;)

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
From the LA Auto Show mailing that went out:

Audi is planning one of its biggest LA Auto Shows to date, with up to eight total debuts, three of which are global, all to be presented by chairman of the board, Rupert Stadler.* Mercedes-Benz will feature three world premieres, which will be showcased alongside the brand’s two North American debuts, while Porsche will hold several world reveals.* Mazda will feature three global premieres, one of which is an all-new vehicle. *BMW has confirmed two world debuts and three North American debuts, and Chevrolet has also committed to two global premieres.

So Porsche has several world reveals? How many is several? :)

Sent from my Galaxy Prime Windows Mobile 8.5 Phone via TapaTalk

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts
So Porsche has several world reveals? How many is several? :)
One definite - 991GTS

[-]Two possibles but not likely in too early:

Macan Diesel and Macan 4 banger
[/-]
One definitely coming Feb 2015?

991GT3RS. Could be Paris show or LA?

-----

991.2 (992) and 981.2 facelifts too early for Spring production and MY16 builds.

Cayenne and Panny? Who knows.

Edit: The wording is "world Reveals" Since the Macan 4 cyl and Diesel exist and are sold, these cannot be it. That moves my guess of the GT3RS up.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Saw a SA I know quite well and he told me that the 991GTS is being launched next month at the Paris motor show, with the first cars expected for delivery in December.

So, I think we may see the Cayman GT4 in LA.

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts
Eduardo has confirmed "unofficially" the 991GTS for LA designated as a 991.1 MY15 car.

Normal practice, nothing special. X51, wide rear but possibly CL as an option. Cosmetic bits of center oriented tailpipes. See the reference.

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts
http://www.autonews.com/article/20141013/OEM04/310139963/porsche-plans-diesel-powered-macan

"Porsche plans to introduce a diesel-powered version of its Macan ... in a little more than a year. "We are now busy with the development and the engineering," said Andre Oosthuizen, vice president of marketing for Porsche Cars North America Inc. "I can confirm that V-6 diesel offering with about 245 hp." .... It may be shown at the Los Angeles Auto Show in 2015, Oosthuizen said."

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
if no1 shows up... i dont care if its more power....ill throw up...

Lemon
If #1 shows up I'll buy it! :banana: I can't think of anything cooler than a turbo Cayman . . . even if it has four cylinders. Porsche has always been a leader in turbo charging. A turbo would be perfect for a Cayman.

By the way, I actually voted for #1 but I suspect that a diesel Macan will be the next thing up.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I read that the boxter/cayman is getting a facelift in 2015 as a 2016 model. It will have Porsches's 4 cylinder turbo in it, producing a lot more hp, torque, and MPG than the NA engines.

November seems like the right time to announce that. Macan desiel for the US would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts
Other

1. 992 Porsche to Introduce 911 GTS With 992 Chassis Code in LA aka 991.1 GTS

https://twitter.com/mt_loverman/status/502519057166245888

2. Macan Diesel is coming in 2015, possibly as a MY16 model. Could be introduced in Nov. Possible it could be introduced in Nov but you don't allow multiple choices.

Too early to announce the flat 4 turbos for MY16, 981.2

There will be no MY15 GT4
I assume this was settled last night? Other?

• 4 variations of the 991GTS (cabrio, coupe, 4 cabrio, 4 coupe)
  • Cayenne GTS (And Carmine Red the official color of all current generations GTS cars)
  • Quarter million dollar Panny :crazy:
  • Patrick Dempsey Race Car
No Macan Diesel yet

Miss anything?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I thought I saw a review on the 911 gts and it pretty much said its faster s. Seemed like they liked the 981 gts over the s more than the 991 gts over the s. Why the need for a 992? Any how is it news?

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts
I thought I saw a review on the 911 gts and it pretty much said its faster s. Seemed like they liked the 981 gts over the s more than the 991 gts over the s. Why the need for a 992? Any how is it news?
991GTS is the 991S with the X51 option, a wider read, cosmetic bits, etc. There is no equivalent to the X51 option for the 981. Since its a parts bin special, many people ignore the 991GTS because you could, in essence, just spec the important parts.

GTS models are just end of the cycle "trim levels" designed to generate sales prior to the facelift.

·
Registered
407 Posts
991GTS is the 991S with the X51 option, a wider read, cosmetic bits, etc. There is no equivalent to the X51 option for the 981. Since its a parts bin special, many people ignore the 991GTS because you could, in essence, just spec the important parts.

GTS models are just end of the cycle "trim levels" designed to generate sales prior to the facelift.
I get what the GTS is, I am curious why anything about the 991gts is going to be announced. The shows are about announcing information that likely hasn't been previously confirmed. The GTS is out, so why even talk about it at the LA show?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts