Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about something I wish I did not have to - finding someone to trade cars and let my 987S find a new home. Ever since my daughter was born and we also bought a house, I simply don't drive the car that much. Wife doesn't know how to drive manual and 987S is not exactly good car for novice. I am also building two companies, so I have like zero time left in my week for any kind of AX.

My other car is very practical, but at this point I may want to have two practical cars, especially when three of us can't fit into Cayman.

What do you think equal car in value would be, that would still be a driver's car, but with 4 seats and room for more than one suitcase and something that would be suitable to have big-wig customer in?

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Not knowing the mileage on your 07 CS., it would be hard to make any guesses on what the car might be worth.

A 2010~2012 Acura TSX might be a nice compromise, reliable, low cost of ownership and handles really well for been a FWD car, and it also has a nice interior that won't put off a big wig riding shotgun. Every time that I have driven one as a loaner while my MDX has been in for service has left me impressed with the car. Lexus IS or Infiniti G series comes to mind as well.

IMHO: Used BMW's, Audi's and Merc's are relatively expensive to maintain compared to the above mentioned cars.

One more car to consider, a Cadillac CTS-V a relative bargain compared to it's European counterparts. (have not looked into reliability cost of ownership recently)

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I got like 16K miles on the car.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Audi A3/A4, BMW 1 or 3 series (the 2's might still be a bit pricey). Mazda 6 Sport might be interesting, or maybe an early Infiniti G37.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would say G37 or lease a new Q50. My wife had one and it was a great car

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in MA, you don't want to touch anything new, because of our combination of sales and excise taxes.

Since my other car is RWD, I am thinking about something with AWD. Did think about if someone would want to trade their Cayenne for Cayman.

BTW, what is the safer way these days to sell a Cayman, if I chose that route? Craigslist scares me for that kind of car, PCA marketplace - too limited of an audience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts