Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hate to admit this, especially here, but a base Carrera. Not because I do not love everything about my Cayman S. Not because I think the Carrera is a better driving car. It is because ever since I was a kid I have wanted one. There is something about the Carrera that each time I see one it makes me want one more and more. I think the Cayman S is an awesome car but next to a speed yellow Carrera I wouldn't look twice at the Cayman. My decision to buy a CS was because it made better financial sense at this point in my life. I have the Porsche experience without the 100k price tag. But I really do love my Cayman. I'm just being honest but let the bashing begin!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

The McLaren would tempt me.
But even if I could afford it I wouldn't buy one.
I would just build a 3.8L Cayman with upgraded suspension and brakes and...

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Always had a soft spot for an Aston Martin Vantage V8 or DB9!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ownin' a Porsche has always been a dream of mine, since I was a kid. I'm livin' that dream now, so it would be hard to get me out of a Porsche. If I was gonna get out of a Porsche, I would probably look hard at a Lotus. Not sure which model, 'cause I kinda like 'em all. I'm sure the drivin' experience would be close to as fun as it is in the Cayman. For comfort, I already have my King Ranch F-150. So it's all about fun and the experience when drivin' a sports car for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Porsche is great but to keep it up a notch or two, gotta be a F car. Ohhhhhhhh the sound of all 450+ horses at 8000 RPM? Drool.............

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Only this, R8 V10 LMS:

Or the road going version R8 GT limited to a production of 333.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I hate to admit this, especially here, but a base Carrera. Not because I do not love everything about my Cayman S. Not because I think the Carrera is a better driving car. It is because ever since I was a kid I have wanted one. There is something about the Carrera that each time I see one it makes me want one more and more. I think the Cayman S is an awesome car but next to a speed yellow Carrera I wouldn't look twice at the Cayman. My decision to buy a CS was because it made better financial sense at this point in my life. I have the Porsche experience without the 100k price tag. But I really do love my Cayman. I'm just being honest but let the bashing begin!
No bashing from me. I understand 110%. I have always felt the same way and my Cayman S is only 7 months old. That is why I placed my order recently for a 2011 911S. Not only did I place this order but this car is very loaded. Did Meteor with Carrera Red leather with deviated black carpets. The option list is long and since it is not in front of me I could not even remember everything I did. I am very excited about my delivery in July. As you said you love your Cayman as do I but I also would stop and look every time a 911 would drive by me. I almost did a turbo but thought this may be a little over the top and I am very happy with my order for the S. I hope that you can make the move one day if that is truly what you want. Be sure to look for pictures sometime in late July if nothing changes with my delivery date.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts