Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a reasonable offer (%) off sticker for a 2009 or 2010 cayman s. Are you able to get deals from the price if you order it off porsche website? Or how does that work you order it and a dealer contacts you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just took delivery of a new 2009 Cayman on Feb 11th. Purchased it sight unseen from a dealer in Indianapolis. MSRP was $56050; paid $44500 not including tax which I will pay when I register the car here in Illinois. They delivered it to my door at no charge.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just took delivery of a new 2009 Cayman on Feb 11th. Purchased it sight unseen from a dealer in Indianapolis. MSRP was $56050; paid $44500 not including tax which I will pay when I register the car here in Illinois. They delivered it to my door at no charge.
Boomer,

Care to tell me how I can carbon copy that deal?

Can you give some details on the car and deal?

thx

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used the search feature on cars.com for this car. I also used the Porsche site dealer locator to check out new inventory for various dealers within about 500mi of my house. Disregard the advertised prices on cars.com as they are usually msrp or with mimimum discount. I just called the dealer about this car, got the info I needed, and decided to make them an offer based on what the invoice was and how much the factory incentive was. They accepted it. It was a new car (2/09 build) with 106mi. I had a similar offer on a "demo" car locally but it had 5000mi and was a real stripper. I decided against it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Bought my 08 CS last June and got almost $20k below MRSP. I don't know if you can get the same for 09, but it worth trying.
Good Luck

·
Registered
444 Posts
I got an 09 CS 2 months ago with only 34 miles. MSRP $74,960 and I got it for $62,000. This is 17.3% off....it had all the options & the right color I was looking for so I jumped on it! I tried to get the best price and even if the discount wasn't as big I would have taken it because it had what I wanted.

There are not too many CS on dealer lots so when you find the right one (color & options) you might want to jump on it even if its not the same discount others are getting. Remember some colors & lack of options make a car harder to sell so hence the bigger discounts to get rid of them...especially when they have had the car on the lot for a long time.

Find the right car and try to get the best price....then enjoy it!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Or how does that work you order it and a dealer contacts you?
647chang,

I got 7.24% off MSRP on an ordered 2010 S two weeks ago. Visited two dealerships and made an offer thereafter. I researched the invoice price on Vehix.com and another website. According to those, the invoice is 10.5% below MSRP on the car and 15% below MSRP on the optional equipment.

Interestingly, the sales manager told me that he did not know the actual invoice of a car until the order is put in! He said that it comes to 10.5%.

Hope that helps,

Tamas

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to believe this was a good deal. Base Cayman, 18" Cayman S wheels, heated seats, sound package plus, bluetooth, ipod connector, MSRP $54,965, paid $41,000. The dealer was desperate to get rid of it. Thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have to believe this was a good deal. Base Cayman, 18" Cayman S wheels, heated seats, sound package plus, bluetooth, ipod connector, MSRP $54,965, paid $41,000. The dealer was desperate to get rid of it. Thoughts?
was this a 2009?

Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts