Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a dealer with a leftover 2008 CS, black on black, power seats, PASM, sport exhaust, , CS2 wheels, bose and xenon lights. They are asking 49.9K, whats a good counter? Car is being sold as a CPO because they started the warranty on the car already, so its lost about 16 mos on the warranty. Just looking for suggestions.

Is 42K too ambitious?

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I'm sure there will be many opinions here, but my .02

$42k is not a bad place to start, doubt if they will take it though. I wouldn't be surprised if $45k - $47k is bottom of what they would sell for.

How many miles?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Have ever owned and taken care of a "black on black"? If so, you know what a pain in the butt they can be to keep clean and shining. If, not, then you will find out.

Ask me how I know. I've had four black cars - I'm a slow learner but I swear I will not buy another black car. Well, at least I pray and hope I don't (they look sooooo nice when they are freshly cleaned and polished).

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
If you buy it I'd make a new battery a condition of sale.

If you want the car the way it's optioned, I'll bet they're very motivated to get rid of it. Finding a PASM car is pretty rare. $45K wouldn't be a bad price, for what is really a new CS.

·
Registered
434 Posts
In Sept I paid 46 for an 08 CS with 1000 miles not CPO that is worth 2000. My car has preffered plus. 42 is low but if they don't say NO you offfered too much. I was thrilled with 46 from msrp of 65.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That's a nicely optioned car, friend, but no Sport Chrono (not fatal to you, but may be used as a bargaining chip). 45K is about the lowest I think they'd go. And it would be a steal for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I remeber looking at this car in late october. At the time they were advertising the car for 57k and the best i got down to was 50k. I think those who are saying 46-48k with a new battery are in the right ballpark. However as I found some dealers would just not budge much on price...

If you willing to spend up to 52-55k I would seriosly consider looking at leftover 09s.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm in a year round area being in the southeast, car is in NY
I am in PA pretty cold here you would think they would want to move this antique...LOL... Make them an offer and don't budge and let them call you back. Good luck.

If it is a TIP car your $42 is too much.

I may be :crazy: but it worked for me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My brother-in-law and I each bought 2008 "new" CS cars a few months back. Ours had sticker prices of $65k and $66k and a few months used on the warranty. The CPO would be nice, as you would be getting more than the "full" warranty in months and miles. We each paid $48k, so I wouldn't pay a dime more than that. I bought mine sight unseen and had it shipped from Michigan.

You might want to ask about the 1.9% financing even if you are planning on paying outright. Its free money, as the dealer wanted $48k weather I took the financing or not. For me, the corporate Porsche financing meant I didn't have to worry about sending $48k to a car dealer I had never met that was 2000 miles away. Just sign on the dotted line and a car shows up outside my house 8 days later.

Question to other posters... why so worried about getting a new battery? Are the batteries likely to be damaged by sitting around in a showroom for 1 to 2 years? I assume the dealer would keep the battery charged so that any car on the lot can be taken for a test drive at a moment's notice.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I may be in minority here hut I think that 49k CPO is very fair, assuming the car is the color and has the options you want. I would not expect a better deal without going non-CPO.

From the information provided it looks like the car had an MSRP near $70k which means either % or $ wise it is a better deal then a 65k or 66k car for 48k.

As mentioned earlier in this thread CPO warranty has a cost associated with it ($2000) so to be comparable to other remaining 08s which are still being offered at as "NEW" with punched warranty this car is going for 47k with optional CPO in an apples to apples scenario.

I think that is exceptional considering well optioned CPO 06 and 07 cars are being priced in the low 40k range.

The suggestions to have the battery replaced are due to Porsche's battery warranty policy which has mileage requirements which this car would not meet.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Question to other posters... why so worried about getting a new battery? Are the batteries likely to be damaged by sitting around in a showroom for 1 to 2 years? I assume the dealer would keep the battery charged so that any car on the lot can be taken for a test drive at a moment's notice.
For the reason PorscheHawaii mentioned, and because batteries degrade from disuse. Also, trusting that the dealer kept a battery maintainer on it religiously is just not a risk worth taking. Sulfation can begin at low charge levels. Batteries always seem to fail at the worst times.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Question to other posters... why so worried about getting a new battery? Are the batteries likely to be damaged by sitting around in a showroom for 1 to 2 years? I assume the dealer would keep the battery charged so that any car on the lot can be taken for a test drive at a moment's notice.[/QUOTE]

Bought a leftover 08 in June with 300 miles.........battery died 3 months later....request a new battery.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Where can you get a leftover 09 Cayman S for around $52-$55k? I would love to know. Thanks.

Not sure where you can find one but I just bought a leftover 09 Cayman S 2 weeks ago and I paid 61K and sticker was 75K.....it only had 33 miles on it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts