Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Porsche Cayman
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no information or exhaust cut-out available in the forum or internet that I can find. Curious, I used my cheap $30 Amazon Boroscope to investigate the internals of Porsche Sports Exhaust (PSE) 981. Photo reference is driver side/ left PSE muffler. Drawings are approximate only.
Automotive tire Light Product Green Black

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
139 Posts
There is no information or exhaust cut-out available in the forum or internet that I can find. Curious, I used my cheap $30 Amazon Boroscope to investigate the internals of Porsche Sports Exhaust (PSE) 981. Photo reference is driver side/ left PSE muffler. Drawings are approximate only.
View attachment 275330
When I installed my PSE three years age I took a photo aimed at the 2.75” outlet that confirms the four small holes and appears to be a straight open shot to the valve that you can see in the open position. My conclusion is that when the valve is in the open position there is a straight path to the exhaust tips and a reduction in back pressure. I know that Porsche’s official statement is that there is no gain in power from the PSE but it appears to me that you have an open exhaust with the valve open. I also installed the Soul X pipe which I feel helps in scavenging and balancing the exhaust pulses.
Jim

·
Registered
2016 Porsche Cayman
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the photos in my post. There is a big hole that looks like a pipe elbow connected to the baffle wall. The camera & lighting of my boroscope are mediocre but if you look carefully, it's there. I am sure Porsche designed this system using sound note measuring devices, etc.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts