Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post. New owner of a 987 Cayman S, 2010, 59K, $33K plus tax and license. My next best car was a BRZ which is super fun but sort of like a go cart in comparison.

So my belt tensioner bolt, the 60mm one that it revolves around, sheared off. I'm pretty handy so I got in there and opened everything up (thank you youtube for your somewhat good help), couldn't find the part I needed locally so I got an almost as good part from Mr Metric (yeah, I'm ordering the Porsche stuff but I need the car to work).

I put it all back together but I have one really small sheet metal screw left over. If you have gone in on top and behind the seats, do you know where you might have removed such a screw? I can take a picture but if you pull the fabric covered insulation off the top and look around the edge, it's one of those.

Thanks!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Could it be a screw holding one of the luggage tie-down straps? The straps stick out from around the edges of the large foam/carpet padding on the top engine cover. That's the only sheet metal screw I can think of in the area.

·
Registered
832 Posts
If ve hav to tell you ver every schraube go then you have no business verking on our Porsche! Bitte halt! lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
The big luggage bar in the center is held on by two big torx bolts. If you remove that, there should be one screw on the left (driver's) side that holds down the trim piece. I bet that's it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts