Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody explain what does this yellow car icon with exclamation mark mean? It shows up for few seconds then disappears.

And where I can find description for all screen icons?

image.jpg

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you were Scottish, I'd have asked for a Kilt to forgive you Trev ;) but you're from Wales, what can I get from there?

I didn't find it in the user manual... call me dumb :(

·
Registered
504 Posts
ACC is the Automatic Cruise Control.

- Patrick

·
Super Moderator
13,995 Posts
I think it means that PAS, Porsche Active Safety, part of ACC, is always on. ACC does not have to be active. Your ACC is off (not using it). The symbol means your driving to close to the car in front of you for some time so its getting ready to brake the car if you get to close. It's its a warning. I think if it goes red, it will brake for you. It disappears probably because the car in front of you disappeared.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Patrick & Chows, but:
1) it shows up whether the ACC is on or off.
2) it shows up while choosing different displays
3) I thought it could be about being too close to the car behind me or front me, or about driving at relatively different speeds vs the car behind or front... it didn't show up when I tested it. I accelerated and got close to the car in front of me in a traffic jam, but it didn't show up then.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ah yes, indeed. I stand corrected. Hassan, would you like me to go get my owners manual and look it up for you?

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ I'd be grateful, Patrick. I couldn't find it in my user manual. And I'd be grateful if you tell me where to look in mine.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
If you were Scottish, I'd have asked for a Kilt to forgive you Trev ;) but you're from Wales, what can I get from there?
Corgis, coal and lava bread. Definately give the last one a miss though.;)

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Corgis, coal and lava bread. Definately give the last one a miss though.;)
It's Laverbread :wall: I just learned about it from Google :) but I'd love to give it a try.

Now back to the subject, please help a helpless Porsche fellow guys ��

Reactions: Trev450

·
Registered
504 Posts
In the US manual it is on page 165 in the section titled "ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL" under the subsection titled "Messages on the multi-function display" as a note, verbatim:

"ACC OFF - Adaptive Cruise Control was deactivated"

- Patrick

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Patrick, but I'm not asking about the ACC Off message.

I'm asking about the yellow icon. Here it is again:
image.jpg

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
It means WARNING YELLOW PORSCHE NEARBY. They've started installing them in newer Porsches after so many owners complained of getting passed by a streak of yellow that through the blur somehow resembled a Cayman GT. Owners asked for some sort of early warning system whenever they were about to be overtaken by the yellow menace so they could simply pull over and park.

Yep, I'm sure that's what it is...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Enemy is laser locked. Engage full throttled launch control and enemy obliteration is guaranteed.

Reactions: HassaanAbdeen

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you gentlemen for your help and sense of humor. I found the answer by searching the Good to Know App. Here it is copy/paste:

"If the vehicle is driving too close to the vehicle in front for a long time, to avoid a collision if the vehicle in front brakes, a latent warning (yellow icon) appears on the multi-function display to warn the driver.

Stay further back from the vehicle in front if necessary."

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Enemy is laser locked. Engage full throttled launch control and enemy kill is guaranteed.
Dare I say, it's your best funny post at P9? ;)

Loved it... preferably without the use of 'kill' in the sentence. Thanks buddy.

·
Super Moderator
13,995 Posts
Thank you gentlemen for your help and sense of humor. I found the answer by searching the Good to Know App. Here it is copy/paste:

"If the vehicle is driving too close to the vehicle in front for a long time, to avoid a collision if the vehicle in front brakes, a latent warning (yellow icon) appears on the multi-function display to warn the driver.

Stay further back from the vehicle in front if necessary."
What did I say in post 5

The symbol means your driving to close to the car in front of you for some time so its getting ready to brake the car if you get to close. It's its a warning.

Guess where I read that?:) I read what you quoted in the app ;) Unfortunately, I summarized it cause I was to lazy to type the whole thing in like you did.:(

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What did I say in post 5

The symbol means your driving to close to the car in front of you for some time so its getting ready to brake the car if you get to close. It's its a warning.

Guess where I read that?:) I read what you quoted in the app ;) Unfortunately, I summarized it cause I was to lazy to type the whole thing in like you did.:(
You praised Michael's post about journalists' reviews on my diary thread while I was the one who triggered it... It was an eye for an eye :taunt:

Just kidding ;)

Reactions: chows4us

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Dare I say, it's your best funny post at P9? ;)

Loved it... preferably without the use of 'kill' in the sentence. Thanks buddy.
lol!

thread.Replace("kill", "obliteration");

1 - 20 of 20 Posts