Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recognize this cap/plug? I found it on the floor of my 2012 Spyder. The inside says "Kapsto GPN 320 GL20." I checked and it does not cover any seatbelt bolt, nor is it a plug for a DC outlet. My other guess is that it may be nothing car related, and something like a cap for a plastic cigar tube or something like that. Just wondering if I need to keep it or toss it. Thanks all.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Porsche 911 C4S
31 Posts
Hey Alemaniac. I did a little research and don't think it has anything to do with your car. My opinion anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I saw that. Unfortunately no reviews to indicate what the part might be used for in automotive application. It's pretty small.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a short thread on Rennlist where a guy found the same brand of plug on the ground near his wheel well of his 991 after washing his car. His plug was much larger and he apparently traced it to something on the underside of his car. Going to check the wheel liners and such now. I'm thinking this IS car related.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's where I found mine too. Under the passenger seat (GT2 buckets). My original thought was that it is some kind of finishing cap for a metal bolt on the carbon buckets. But I just couldn't find a place where it would fit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's very interesting that you found one too, that's the furthest I have gone in the mystery. It's unique with that stepped feature. I have never perceived an issue with that seat, how bout you? It's not like Porsche to have a common item fall off like that, thanks for the reply. On the bright side, think of the weight reduction man! :cool: I wonder if it's some sort of "seating tool" for a fitting or bushing?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's very interesting that you found one too, that's the furthest I have gone in the mystery. It's unique with that stepped feature. I have never perceived an issue with that seat, how bout you? It's not like Porsche to have a common item fall off like that, thanks for the reply. On the bright side, think of the weight reduction man! :cool: I wonder if it's some sort of "seating tool" for a fitting or bushing?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, it is perplexing to say the least. One thing I did notice is that the passenger side seatbelt attachment bolt has a cap whereas the driver side does not. But this piece is way too small for that. And the stock photos online taken of press cars don’t show a cap on the driver seat so that must be by design.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche 911 C4S
31 Posts
The mystery deepens! I look forward to following the thread to see where this goes. :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sorry, couldn't resist...

To me it looks like the kind of plug that is used to finish off the end of a metal tube. Doesn't seem likely to me that it was a part on the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts