Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the wheel bolts for a 987. i'm CADing a drawing so I can get some made. The obvious dimensions are ok M14x1.5 44mm long, but the ball radius is not central, it looks like a 13mm radius, but it appears to be off-centre. The bolts I plan to have made are internal TORX, titanium, with alloy ball seats. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the information I was looking for. Surprised no-one on the forum knew what the size was, I suppose it is quite an 'engineering' issue. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, no problem. As it was difficult to measure with a hand-held radius gauge, I took them to work and had a friend measure them on a CMM. The ball radius is nominally 14mm. It is 'actually' a little under 14mm (13,95mm) I'm assuming that the ball socket on the wheel is a little over 14mm so that there is a 'neutral' interface of 14mm. I did measure several wheel bolts including two new ones and they where all spot on, good quality control and despite the bolt looking poor the ball washer is very well made.

Now I've almost finished the drawing of the new bolts, I'll get some 'nice' ones made. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts