Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who sells the wheel bolt socket (19 mm) that has an insulator to protect the wheels from nicks and scratches? I remember seeing it somewhere but after a search can't find it. Was it Suncoast, Booth Design or someone else? Thx.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Just make sure the new socket fits in the hole. Unfortunately, for mine, it won't fit. As an alternative, someone recommended wrapping the lug with a plastic grocery bag. As for the wheel, you shouldn't need anything to protect it as nothing makes contact with the wheel itself. OEM wheels and lugs shouldn't be a problem for the new socket.

-Moto

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Rumble,

It looks like I’m still the only one reading your post. I got the ebay set after a tire shop fractured the clear powder coat around and in the lug holes using an air gun resulting in corrosion at the brushed aluminum finish. The wheel shop recommended them so they are repairing the wheels to original specs. If the 19mm doesn’t fit what ever wheel you have, just return the set. If they don’t take it back, I’ll buy it from you.

Tom

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the base Cayman S wheel so I think it should fit as it looks like there is plenty of room around the bolt. Thanks for your offer Tom.

Rumble,

It looks like I’m still the only one reading your post. I got the ebay set after a tire shop fractured the clear powder coat around and in the lug holes using an air gun resulting in corrosion at the brushed aluminum finish. The wheel shop recommended them so they are repairing the wheels to original specs. If the 19mm doesn’t fit what ever wheel you have, just return the set. If they don’t take it back, I’ll buy it from you.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
I probably should as they would make a nice improvement to the look of the wheel. I need a wheel hanger anyway. Do you know if the Cayman takes the 30 mm, 38 mm or 46 mm?

For the OEM Cayman S wheel, you need 30mm length bolts.

EDIT: Forgot to add - if you have spacers installed, you will need longer bolts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.