Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I installed the H&R spacer/bolt kit on my rear wheels several months ago. Looks great so I ordered a kit for the front.

Problem is that the bolts for the 7mm spacers (part# HR1455206) are backordered from Germany. I've been waiting for 2 months now. Called everywhere and nobody has them in stock. My choices are to either keep waiting (H&R says they will have them at some point) or to get the next size up (used for 15mm spacers) and cut them down.

Anyone have any input on the drawbacks to cutting bolts to size ?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. Just put a nut on them before cutting. When finished cutting, unscrew the nut to remove any burrs and to clean up the threads. It will make it easier to start the lug bolt.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Hello,
I installed the H&R spacer/bolt kit on my rear wheels several months ago. Looks great so I ordered a kit for the front.

Problem is that the bolts for the 7mm spacers (part# HR1455206) are backordered from Germany. I've been waiting for 2 months now. Called everywhere and nobody has them in stock. My choices are to either keep waiting (H&R says they will have them at some point) or to get the next size up (used for 15mm spacers) and cut them down.

Anyone have any input on the drawbacks to cutting bolts to size ?
Why not just order the correct size from Ralph Boothe at BootheDesign.Com ?
He has them in stock.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not just order the correct size from Ralph Boothe at BootheDesign.Com ?
He has them in stock.
As stated, I already have the H&R bolts on the rear. I would like to match appearance.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do they differ in appearance? What do the H&R bolts look like vis-a-vis the Boothe bolts?
As far as I know Boothe's are chrome. H&R's are flat, nondescript, matte silver. The point is I'd like to have the exact same bolts at all four corners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts