Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hope to lock down my build this weekend, two nagging issues: 1 big 1 little!

what are the thoughts on the wheel center caps?

last is the big one, agate and amber interior!, build is silver or agate, not sure. Been looking at lots on one one minure seems mellow amber, next photo I se looks ORANGE!

I saw one and looked more burnt than bright, but my wife says Halloween car! BUT she also says get what I want! (good wife!)

Will the interoir look dated in a few years....?

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think both amber and red interior colors are too bright which is a pity. If it was a bit less bright I would consider them. The amber seems like bright orange to me.
Also after a few months there will be dark colored cracks in seat bolsters which makes big contrast. On the other hand cracks in black leather are not that obvious.
I hope it helps :)

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I think the Agate/Amber will look far better in the Agate Gray car than in the Silver, so if it were me... there's my choice. Given those two options, I would get the car in Agate Gray BECAUSE it goes so well with that interior.

As for the center caps... don't order them with the car. Get the ones it comes with and decide if you care enough to change them. If you do, you can get them cheaper after the fact, and then you'll still have the originals as spares.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You will be the only one who notices the caps. JMHO

·
Registered
751 Posts
It's hard to capture Agate/Amber in photos, but it really does look like the color of a nice baseball glove. I love the combo and think it'll be a classic.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
You will be the only one who notices the caps. JMHO
Also, anyone who's ever played with a Porsche configurator. And they'll be chuckling inside. :D

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I would just order the caps that you like better and be done with it. I liked the little bit of color it added to that part of the car. Kinda like the hood badge does on the front. But, my car is silver with silver wheels and those bits of color help break it up.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I have the Agate exterior and Agate/Amber interior, along with the "Leather Pkg." I also got the colored wheel caps. As was mentioned previously, I like the pop of color of the interior and the caps. For practical reasons, I prefer a dark interior, but love the orange splash of color. To me it is more sporty and fun. Just like the car. Might be less appropriate on a four door sedan. The amount or orange that comes with the "Full Leather" is too much for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
The red holds up well after a year and half of daily driving. Just condition the leather and you're good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
798 Posts
Also get the caps online after the fact. I think it's a worthwhile investment. I traded for colored ones and paid $40 overall for the trade for OEM painted caps and I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can buy the colored caps at Suncoast Porsche for the same price that Porsche charges around $185 and you will have 2 sets the black and the colored. You could also forego the colored capd and put the money towards a clear bra. I took delivery of my new 2015 Cayman last week and I chose the black caps. Looks great and focuses more attention on the car.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Haven't seen the Amber in person so can't comment with any personal experience but I love the way it looks in pictures. I do wonder if I would tire of it over time or not though.

As others have said, get the standard caps and source the colored online for same or less money and have both options. I like mine both ways but keep the colored on as it adds a touch of extra panache, which our cars need like a hole in the head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Answer will depend on car color. I think the amber looks good with grey car , maybe with silver or black . Not much else. And I like the color crests on my Lapis Blue CS, but no way I would have them on my white GTS (nor the amber side lenses).

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
... I think Orange/Agate looks great on a white 981. Here is a Cayman and a Boxster.

I stand corrected. It looks great on white.:hilarious:

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
People stop me on the street all the time and say, "Wow, those are really neat colored center caps!"

Reactions: Wild Weasel

·
Registered
302 Posts
People stop me on the street all the time and say, "Wow, those are really neat colored center caps!"
The same thing happens to me!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think the Agate Grey exterior with the Agate Grey/Amber interior would look sharp. Then you can order the model that matches your car. 981 Boxster S, 1:43 - Boxster - Model cars - Porsche Driver's Selection

As far as the colored crest center caps go, I think it depends which wheels you are getting. As several other members have said you can always buy them as an accessory for less money later if you really want them and then you will have a spare set to keep, sell or trade in the future.

I have the Carrera Classics which are painted a titanium color with a polished front surface so I think the standard center caps look better. side rear half.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts