Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Which color looks best?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I have a 2007 Arctic Silver Cayman S. I have been getting the itch to paint my wheels, but I am undecided on which looks better.

I have the NR Auto GT3 front and rear bumper which have matte black on them in spots, so I am thinking of doing matte black wheels. What do you guys think looks better? Matte black wheels or stay with silver wheels as is?

New Bumper.jpg Black Wheels3.jpg Black Wheels4.jpg Black Wheels5.jpg 085.jpg

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Actually the mat-black looks better in those pictures!

·
Incurable Gearhead
963 Posts
Poll needs a flip a coin choice.

·
Registered
163 Posts
black but i'd opt for gloss

·
Registered
35 Posts
Go with some shade of grey. If you can find one with the Platinum Satin wheels, that might help with your decision.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I chose to have my Carrera Classic wheels custom powder coated in a dark Metallic Charcoal because I was tired of constantly cleaning the brake dust. I requested a color that was as close to "shiny brake dust" as possible. The result is spot on and I don't have to clean the wheels nearly as often. :cool:

~

Attachments

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
My 20" Niche Misano Monotec T61 forged wheels are platinum colored. They do not show brake dust and require no special cleaning. I typically clean them only about every third time I wash my CS. Cleaning them usually only requires a dosing with spray cleaner and blasting it off with the hose b4 they have a chance to dry. Hardly any brushng or wiping is ever required and they look great all the time. I have the stock brake pads. Couldn't ask for a better color wheel in this regard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts