Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if they have had experience with Wheel Enhancement in Culver City replacing wheels/tires on a car with PCCB? I have been looking at replacement tires for my 997s and want to try wheel enhancement. Having read several horror stories of PCCB being chipped/damage by other careless installers, I am reluctant to go anywhere but the dealership. Can I trust Wheel Enhancement to take care of the PCCBs?

Also, when I get my tires replaced at America's Tires for my other cars, sometimes they would scratch the wheel when they place the new tire on. Has this happened to you guys? With my 19" carrera classics, I am more protective of them :)

Thanks for any help!

Alan

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
I haven't been to their shop, but I did purchase a set of wheels with winter tires mounted from them, and they arrived in flawless condition. I felt they also had very good customer service, and, FWIW, I would personally have no problem using them if I lived locally.

It's been my experience and impression, that businesses that sell wheels, especially high-end wheels, tend to be much more careful than your average large chain tire stores when it comes to mounting, etc. (They are also more likely to have the latest equipment for mounting "difficult" wheels)

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I have ordered two sets of winter wheels from Wheel Enhancement over the years. Both in flawless condition with no issues at all.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I've also bought two sets of wheel/tire packages from Wheel Enhancement. The wheels were used ones but they arrived in virtually new condition. They are a first class operation and the guys there know their stuff.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
I've dealt with them for years - your PCCBs will be safe there.

brad

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I'll just add one more thing. Their 'pull-off' wheels, the ones that come straight off brand new cars at the dealership but are technically 'used' are basically flawless. I've bought two sets of these and could never find any cosmetic damage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your help guys. I made an appointment to have my tires replaced at Wheel Enhancement this Wednesday. Dave Martin at WE was very helpful and professional. Like Beez said, they definitely know how to deal with PCCBs and even uses the Porsche guide rods. Too bad 08's don't have them in the frunk tool kit.

In case you're wondering, I'm going to try the new Hankook Ventus V12 on all four corners to see how they fare. (4 tires; cost: under 1 grand) I'm running the OEM PZero Rosso's right now and the treadwear is not great. Also, they were sticky initially, but my right rear tire is wearing down faster than the rest, and it's losing some traction in that corner.

-Alan

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Dave Martin at WE was very helpful and professional.
I've also dealt with Dave Martin over the phone and e-mail. He was very helpful in giving me all the information I needed in making buying decisions on two separate occasions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts