Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the owners manual reference a wheel locator tool to be used when changing wheels. Should that be included in my tool kit, and if yes, where does it live? I installed wheel spacers today, but could not find said tool anywhere in my Cayman tool kit. It would have made the install a bit easier then it was.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I see the owners manual reference a wheel locator tool to be used when changing wheels. Should that be included in my tool kit, and if yes, where does it live? I installed wheel spacers today, but could not find said tool anywhere in my Cayman tool kit. It would have made the install a bit easier then it was.

Thanks.
No, it is not included. I made my own by buying 14mm x 300 mm bolts at the hardware store and sawed the heads off.

Reactions: Autocutter

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Or, price them from Suncoast. By the time you make the trip to the hardware store, saw off the heads, take off the burrs (if you have a grinder), it may be worth spending a few bucks to get the guides that you know will work.

OTOH, if you're looking for wheel guides, then you're already enough of a hands-on guy, that making them is as satisfying as changing your own wheels. :hilarious:

YMMV,

John

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. I just found it interesting how the manual referred to it and illustrated it in use without stating that it was not included in the tool kit.

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
You will find a lot of interesting things in the manual. ;) Just buy the tool from Suncoast. That's the easiest way to get one.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Agreed - I bought a couple from Suncoast. Note that there is a spot for them (or at least one) in the tool kit.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Thanks, guys. I just found it interesting how the manual referred to it and illustrated it in use without stating that it was not included in the tool kit.
It used to be included back in the day. Guess they just haven't updated the manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts