Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes decent priced wheel spacers for the 958.1?
Saw some Chinese ones on fleabay...anyone have experience with those?
And whats a decent spacer size? 15 or 20mm?
Im currently running 20 inch rims with 275/45/20 tire size.

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
773 Posts
I just bought a nice set from ECS for my Tiguan R-Line… nice product with longer steel studs..12.5/20mm

As far as how thick… that’s what you need to decide.. my kit was to make my 19’s flush… so contact them and see what they suggest

·
32 Posts
A point to consider is nothing is ever inexpensive on these vehicles. Thus there's not an abundance of cheap anything for them.

Given the speeds these things can be run... it's probably unwise to go with Chinesium metal for things that hold the wheels on.

·
Registered
773 Posts
As much as I agree, I’ve had the aluminum versions off eBay and never had an issue.. the good’r ones aren’t that much more… get the more good’r ones 😎

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you go any thicker than 3mm and 5mm max yes definitely get longer studs. The ECS kits come with the appropriate length. I also have 15mm spacers on the back of the Cayman S with longer studs… it won’t put more strain on the wheels.. even if u bought wider wheels the hubs won’t know that… the only thing it could effect is a wheel bearing, but I’ve still never had an issue with that either and I’m only going off what I’ve experienced … there has always been an on going yes/no spacer debate .. race car teams use them for gods sake.. just make sure you have quality chit and keep them snugged tight

rule of thumb: the stud should be 1mm longer per 1mm thicker spacer…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts