Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a 08 CS, and want to swap my 19" turbo with 19" Carrera Sport from a 09 CS GenII. Apparently porsche has different part numbers for 06-08 and 09 TPM sensors. Valve stems have same part number for both 06-08 and 09 CS. My question is will I be able to reprogram sensors from 09 to work on my 08?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Im no TPM expert, though I doubt you'll be able to interchange sensors. The in-wheel component isn't exactly huge or very complex and I'd be surprised if it emitted anything except the most basic of signals. I'd expect the receptor to be where it's at, not the sensor.

Are the sensors integral to the tyre? I suppose you could swap the tyres round, though if the old ones are beat and the new are fresh I can see why that's not an option.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The wheels will work fine however the TPMS sensors will not. You need to switch the sensors or purchase a second set of sensors to replace the earlier sensors.
I've a 08 CS, and want to swap my 19" turbo with 19" Carrera Sport from a 09 CS GenII. Apparently porsche has different part numbers for 06-08 and 09 TPM sensors. Valve stems have same part number for both 06-08 and 09 CS. My question is will I be able to reprogram sensors from 09 to work on my 08?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The wheels will work fine however the TPMS sensors will not. You need to switch the sensors or purchase a second set of sensors to replace the earlier sensors.
Alan, I had a set of wheels built for my 08 CS with sensors. However, I purchased an 09 CS before getting the wheels installed. I had to go through the on-board diagnostics to get the 09 to recognize the sensors but it did work. Thoughts?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It isn't supposed to work.

Alan, I had a set of wheels built for my 08 CS with sensors. However, I purchased an 09 CS before getting the wheels installed. I had to go through the on-board diagnostics to get the 09 to recognize the sensors but it did work. Thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts