Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want an August/September delivery when would you order?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
In my experience dealers usually quote about 2 months between build date and delivery. So for a August delivery you would be looking for an allocation for a June build. You can call local (or further if you are willing to travel or have a car shipped) dealers and ask if they have allocations in that time frame. I recall there is a holiday period when things shut down though and not sure if that is July or August. Also not sure when the model year officially changes. Once a dealer can provide a firm allocation they can give the exact date the spec must lock. If you are considering PTS though that may be a different schedule. Also some models like GT3s, RSs, the rumored GT4, etc. will have limited allocations. Normally a deposit is required and when the build is set you get a commission number. Then you wait and second guess the spec.....

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes, there is a month long holiday somewhere around that period. I had forgotten about that. I'll have to check with my salesman. The order should be easy. I'm getting something very simple this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts