Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some used GT3 LCA's from a Rennlister with RSS solid thrust pucks and OEM Porsche cup car monoball ends. I noticed one of the monoball ends is much harder to rotate than the other (2-3x). Neither has any play. I believe they are teflon, and should not be lubed, but does anyone know for sure? I assume you replace the bearings when they have play, but is being tough to move a problem? I can move both with my hands, but one is easy-ish and one takes force.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I had them in my Audi for 36 months, 25 track days, and 23,000 miles before replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had them in my Audi for 36 months, 25 track days, and 23,000 miles before replacing.

Thanks, that's a lot of use. How could you tell they needed to be replaced? I think I'm being overly paranoid/perfectionist here, since there is no play and it is just an issue of how much force it takes to move. I imagine the car under load will have no issue moving it about!

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,901 Posts
I'd be more concerned about the one that's easy to move by hand than by the one that's a bit stubborn.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be more concerned about the one that's easy to move by hand than by the one that's a bit stubborn.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Fair point! I probably shouldn't have called it "easy" to move by hand, just easier. It takes a decent bit of force still (requires leverage on end of bolt using whole hand, not movable with just hand on the bearing with no leverage). I've never ran monoballs before so I didn't know how much effort it should take to rotate.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Thanks, that's a lot of use. How could you tell they needed to be replaced? I think I'm being overly paranoid/perfectionist here, since there is no play and it is just an issue of how much force it takes to move. I imagine the car under load will have no issue moving it about!
I just picked a service interval and told them if it was even close, replace all of them. One of four was scored pretty badly. I use it as a fidget spinner at my desk.

Reactions: PorschePh1le
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.