Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The Porsche OEM suspension is incredibly good for a stock suspension and there are Porsche drivers who are claiming up to 150K Miles on their stock suspensions and still driving on them. Obviously if the car continually bottoms out on even minor bumps, bounces a lot after a bump, is leaking, has excessive body roll or the cars handling drastically changes you'll want to have it looked at. With 40K miles though yours is just getting broken in so unless you want to "improve" upon it for some reason (better track or AX times), have cash burning a hole in your pocket yours should be fine for many more miles.:cheers:

·
PCA / POC Member & Club Donor
1,931 Posts
JC,

We have run OEM suspension to 150K+ a number times. My wifes E class has 203K on the stock struts. You should be more than fine for a long while.

When it does need replacement you could probably buy a takeoff set of OEM struts and springs for dirt cheap (I threw mine away) from someone doing PSS9s etc.

Cheers,

·
Registered
667 Posts
I've got over 102,000 miles on my stock suspension w/PASM. Still handles like a dream!

The only problem I've just noticed is that there's a slight "creaking" in the rear suspsension over certain bumps at very slow speeds. (as long as I go fast, I don't hear a thing.... LOL!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.