Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the GT4 and 981 cup car offering has been discussed, but is there any real news on when Porsche will make an offering or start a sanctioned GT4 cup series here in the USA?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I saw the support trucks at the PWC in COTA... but no official GT4 Cup Series announcement yet? Does that mean we just bring our GT4 cars to the races and go to GS or GTS and sign up next year?
Maybe if there are enough entrants, they will just start a GT4 Cup? :)

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Does that mean we just bring our GT4 cars to the races and go to GS or GTS and sign up next year?
GT4 cars would not run in a GT4 Cup car series anymore than GT3 cars do. They are entirely different vehicles. One is a production, street legal car. The other is a race car that cannot be put on the road. Suspensions and brakes are different. A 991 Cup Car cost ~$240K and has less HP than a 991 GT3 or GT3RS. If things relate, I'd expect a GT4 cup car to come in at? $150 or so?

Are we talking the same thing here?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GT4 cars would not run in a GT4 Cup car series anymore than GT3 cars do. They are entirely different vehicles. One is a production, street legal car. The other is a race car that cannot be put on the road. Suspensions and brakes are different. A 991 Cup Car cost ~$240K and has less HP than a 991 GT3 or GT3RS. If things relate, I'd expect a GT4 cup car to come in at? $150 or so?

Are we talking the same thing here?
Yes were talking the same thing... just looking at the GT4 as the base car for an actual cup car... but first we need a series dedicated to the GT4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts