Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why? Because I need one. I would think there should be several in people's garage. Please PM if you have one, thanks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You need the carpet or the aluminum bit?

I think most people are just holding onto to them to switch back to for dealer visits or when reselling the car.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Re: You need the carpet or the aluminum bit?

also I couldn't imagine it being too expensive as a spare part.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts

Is there such a thing as an inexpensive Porsche spare part?

I also suspect that most people are keeping them in case they need to return to stock. That's what I've done on the intake and exhaust mods. The stock bits are stored away in case I ever need to go back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I think most people are just holding onto to them to switch back to for dealer visits or when reselling the car.
I need the aluminum bit, thanks
Does anyone know the part #?

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts

I need the aluminum bit, thanks
Does anyone know the part #?
I'm pretty sure Tess Tickle ordered up an extra for the design of his clear engine cover, in which case he may have the part # and price handy.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
From the parts catalogue, check the pic (I think its 20, but included both just in case)

20: Engine Compartment cover: 987 513 211 01
21: Gasket, Engine cover: 987 513 611 00

·
Registered
409 Posts
Looks like a $380 part plus a $60 gasket from pelican. I haven't checked with the dealer to see how much they sell it for. I know the carpeted piece is super expensive also.

I hadn't realized they were that expensive. Wow. I do have a spare one but have no idea what I'd want to sell it for. I'm guessing ebay doesn't offer much guidance on used part pricing for this thing?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I bought one of the engine covers off Ebay and cut most of the tabs off to make access to the engine compartment easier. I kept my one just in case I have to go back to stock. I think I paid about $100 for it in black and great condition. Keep an eye out and sooner or later somebody will be selling one.

G

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the assistant!, if anyone does have one available I will pay 150.00
Please PM.
Question, I am Looking for an option on the control panel that sends me an email back to me when someone adds to the thread. Is this possible?

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Thanks for all the assistant!, if anyone does have one available I will pay 150.00
Please PM.
Question, I am Looking for an option on the control panel that sends me an email back to me when someone adds to the thread. Is this possible?
It is available every time you post if you use the full editor scroll down below the Submit button and you can subscribe to the topic in a variety of ways, you want instant email notification.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
It is available every time you post if you use the full editor scroll down below the Submit button and you can subscribe to the topic in a variety of ways, you want instant email notification.
Plus, you could select "Thread tools" from above and click subscribe!

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Under forum rules, For Sale and Want to Buy posts or ads are to be posted in Classifieds section only. Thread is closed. Please PM the OP if interested in selling him one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.