Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know there are some creative people on here, let's hear it! Where are we and what are we doing???

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
Well...as a good detective...let's look at the obvious...it happened this week, since you had the entire week off (ugh)...you are with Don and Rob, so the ride had to be a nice long one...and from the looks of the weather it had to be Thursday (nice and warm but a little cloudy)...if my memory serves me well (it is getting worse all the time :hilarious:) you are somewhere up in Don's area...a fast guess...Delaware Water Gap?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Getting close, anyone recognize the monument? It'll be a destination for a future drive...

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Getting close, anyone recognize the monument? It'll be a destination for a future drive...
High Point, NJ
The monument was built to honor war veterans, through the generosity of the Kuser Family of Bernardsville, NJ. Master Mason Michael Maddaluna began construction of the tower in 1928 and completed it in 1930. At the top of the 220 foot (67 m) structure (the base is 34 square feet (3.2 square meters)), there are four small windows through which observers have a spectacular view of the ridges of the Pocono Mountains toward the west, the Catskill Mountains to the north and the Wallkill River Valley in the southeast. At the top of New Jersey's tallest knob, the Monument is an obelisk monument similar to other war monuments, such as the one located on Bunker Hill in Massachusetts. The High Point monument was used as the Dark Lord's tower in the comedy film "The Gallstone."

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
It's an obalisk so you must be in Egypt

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Too easy for local resident ezmoney.

Yup, that is HighPoint. Scouting for a possible future run in NJ next year, should be a good one!

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Too easy for local resident ezmoney.

Yup, that is HighPoint. Scouting for a possible future run in NJ next year, should be a good one!
Do you mean too EZ for EZ? :hilarious:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts