Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search and read the threads on disabling the seat belt chime. I want to disable the chime only during autocross/track while using a harness. I remember seeing a website that sold the male portion of the seat belt latch which when inserted into the receptacle would silence the chime for use during competition. I cannot find it and wondered if anyone has seen this item for sale. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KS-CS. I think I also found an Audi one on eBay that looks like it will fit for $18. I called a Porsche junk yard and they wanted $50.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rob. Perfect, but that site will not let me PM him to order and I even registered.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There some reason you can't just plug the passenger belt end to the driver's side? =o)
Works for me.
I have done that in the past but wanted a better solution. The dog safety belt for $1 did not work and I purchased the one shown above by RobMason and it works great. The seller sent me two for the price of one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have done that in the past but wanted a better solution. The dog safety belt for $1 did not work and I purchased the one shown above by RobMason and it works great. The seller sent me two for the price of one.
A more elegant solution, certainly. After I posted, I went to my garage knowing I'd find SOMEthing in all my junk that would fit. First thing I saw was an extension cord with a small plastic bit used to cover the holes. Trimmed it to fit and cut a hole to match the tongue. Works fine.

Works too well. Now I'm tempted to just leave it there. I miss the good old days where we just had a lap belt. I always wore it. Didn't feel right without it. But I quit wearing seat belts when they came up with the abomination that cuts across my neck and won't even let me move quickly and gives the cops one more reason to pull you over.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you have competition seats the dealer will turn it off. Unfortunately only the dealer software will disable the chime.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you have competition seats the dealer will turn it off. Unfortunately only the dealer software will disable the chime.
I only use mine when wearing a racing harness at events. I do not mind the chime as a reminder to wear my belts on the street. Anyone can do what they want but this works for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.