Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying an used white Cayman S located in Florida but I am in Ohio right now. Does anyone know where is the best place to get a pre-purchase inspection?

Right now my only option is Porsche Orlando but I'm unsure if doing to a dealership is the best option.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone have some PPI shop suggestions or experiences in the Orlando area? Looking to get a PPI done on a 2012 987. I've called around and so far I have:

Porsche Orlando: no longer preforms PPIs
Drivers Choice Motors,Inc: $270 (4 hours)
Nort Northam Collection: $100 (1 hour)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm buying an used white Cayman S located in Florida but I am in Ohio right now. Does anyone know where is the best place to get a pre-purchase inspection?

Right now my only option is Porsche Orlando but I'm unsure if doing to a dealership is the best option.

Thanks
Where in Florida....it's a BIG state.

In South FL, PedrosGarage / Technolab specializes in Porsche PPI's

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a really good experience at Troysport Performance, it is up in the Orlando area. Was able to work with them and the dealer short notice (dealer drove it to them that night and they did the ppi next morning). Thing that might get you is they don't take cards so you'll have to do check or cash (may be a problem if you're not coming to the area at the time).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have some PPI shop suggestions or experiences in the Orlando area? Looking to get a PPI done on a 2012 987. I've called around and so far I have:

Porsche Orlando: no longer preforms PPIs
Drivers Choice Motors,Inc: $270 (4 hours)
Nort Northam Collection: $100 (1 hour)
I will second Driver's Choice. Co-owner is a former tech from Porsche of Orlando, so he is fully qualified and experienced to handle your vehicle inspection. The advantage is that they have experience in current models while many of the older shops may have not seen them yet, as most are still under warranty. You are correct that the dealer no longer performs PPI's, but I think you will get a better experience with Driver's Choice, IMHO.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts