Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving down the on-ramp on the freeway I did a quick gearchange (as usual :) ) and the pedal was slow to spring back, 1st time that has happened.

From that point on the pedal feel has completely changed. The take up point has shifted, and when fully depressed I don't think the clutch disengages properly, almost, but not properly, as the gears are now harder to select.

I drove the whole way home changing gears the whole way so it didn't seem to deteriorate further from this sudden, initial change. I'm hoping that maybe the clutch fluid is low & it took a gulp of air, because the only other explanation I can consider is that the pressure plate has cracked, which would be a bummer, she hasn't even hit 40,000kms on the clock yet :(

So where is the clutch reservoir on these things? Looked under the front hood & found the brake one but no clutch, any heads up?

It's due for a service regardless so if I can't spot something simple I'll let the boys @ Weltmeister sort it when they service it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh okay. I did see a pic of the master & couldn't see any sign of a fluid reservoir, given the brakes work fine, I'm suspect the problem wont be an easy one.

Oh well, it was coming off the road shortly anyway...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just encountered the same problem today. Now, the clutch doesn't re-engage fully. After it happened, I drove it home on the hwy, and if I accelerate hard enough to a certain point, the clutch will start to slip (rpm rises quickly but car doesn't accelerate further). I am brining it in to the dealership tmr.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer replaced the slave cylinder on mine, however it did not resolve the issue. I've driven the car daily since it happened, mine engages correctly, just the pedal feel is wrong. So it would seem it must be pressure plate related, I'm going to see what the options are as far as up-rated replacements go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got a response from the dealership. It is a pressure plate failure for mine, they are replacing it under warranty...but the part has to be order from Germany, which means I won't see my CS for two weeks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a response from the dealership. It is a pressure plate failure for mine, they are replacing it under warranty...but the part has to be order from Germany, which means I won't see my CS for two weeks.
Slipping is usually pressure or clutch plate. Mine bites fine, just wrong pedal feel. I've replaced the slave & bled with little change, I'll take a gamble and order a master & swap that over hoping the clutch is fine :)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Any updates Damn?

Though I've never experienced the dreaded "pedal fails to return" syndrome, I've had similar "engagement point" gripes since purchasing my 08CS nearly two years ago...guess I've learned to live/cope with the idiosyncrasies of the system.

I always felt that the clutch had a real non-communicative/inconsistent feel...would only grab (ie really bite) very late on release of the pedal.

Would be interested to know if your replacement slave, master or pressure plate made any significant differences to the feel of your clutch.

FWIW...when I initially started trouble-shooting the hydraulic system, I thought there must be air in the system too. I found that the break/clutch reservoir was SIGNIFICANTLY overfilled. Bled the system down, but this made no measurable difference to clutch feel.

Dealer also looked at the system/drove the car, but said all normal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any updates Damn?
Howdy. I've been babying it around ever since, new clutch should arrive today or tomorrow, I just had to pay customs out some $$$ to release the order.

I believe it will be a broken pressure plate, although initially it did seem to bite properly, I found that it's clamping pressure has been reduced, and coupled with the way that it just 'instantly' went like this, I'll let you know what I find once it comes out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts