Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked with BumperPlugs & SunCoast but they have them in silver, red, yellow or black!

Does anybody know where I can find the seat belts in orange?!! :(

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
I have checked with BumperPlugs & SunCoast but they have them in silver, red, yellow or black!

Does anybody know where I can find the seat belts in orange?!! :(
Porsche only did orange for the Cayenne Transsiberia. However, it maybe possible to get one made but the trick will be fitting it to the old hardware.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Porsche only did orange for the Cayenne Transsiberia.
You're right! And I found it at SunCoast.

But now with the Cayman & Boxster coming in orange... I expect an orange seat belt for it.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
I know :( .... and I would have them by now!!!

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I looked into this for my wife's 08 LE S. The Cayenne belts cannot be adapted or changed to fit the Boxster. It's apparently a regulatory issue because this is safety equipment which isn't supposed to be altered or modified. I e-mailed Techart to see if they could obtain the orange strapping and fabricate a set of orange belts for the Boxster but I never got a reply. Porsche Exclusive could do this I'm sure, but my dealer got nowhere w/ PCNA.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Porsche Exclusive would do it as a cost of 1/4 of a Cayman... I'm afraid!

The other option would be to go for an orange harness and with the mods my car is undergoing it may not be a bad idea... except I don't want to go through the hassle of buckling up a harness every time I drive the car! :(

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you can't do the seat belts, have you thought about any other orange accent pieces inside? I don't know what would look good and what would be "too much", though.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you can't do the seat belts, have you thought about any other orange accent pieces inside? I don't know what would look good and what would be "too much", though.
I've seen pictures of the Cayenne with orange trims from the inside. It was stunning but I don't want to go that dimension for endless reasons; one of which is cost, durability for removing/reattaching the parts... etc.

With Arctic Silver center console in the middle, the only reasonable thing would be an orange seat belt. Otherwise, the money looks better in my pocket :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've seen pictures of the Cayenne with orange trims from the inside. It was stunning but I don't want to go that dimension for endless reasons; one of which is cost, durability for removing/reattaching the parts... etc.

With Arctic Silver center console in the middle, the only reasonable thing would be an orange seat belt. Otherwise, the money looks better in my pocket :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely understandable, and I would have to agree about the money lookin' better in your pocket. Well, actually it would look better in MY pocket. :D

I don't mean to stray too far off topic, but do you have any pictures of your Arctic Silver center console? That's one of the things I was thinkin' about doin' one day.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
My wife will still be driving her orange Boxster S after I've gone through at least a couple more cars, so we basically re-did her standard interior in leather and alcantara. It started w/ a set of leather/alcantara/crested GT3 seats I got from LA Porsche dismantlers. Then, I switched out the door panels for 997 GT3 leather/ alcantara and added the leather stitching dash from the 09 987s. I did the lower dash in alcantara from Suncoast. Orange trim on the doors/handles, trim strip, and gearshift surround only. I got an interesting leather/alcantara defroster trim from Gemballa (now defunct) which looks really good w/ the rest of the interior. I can post some pictures at some point, but I wasn't sure people would be that interested since it's really more money than most care to spend.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
My wife will still be driving her orange Boxster S after I've gone through at least a couple more cars, so we basically re-did her standard interior in leather and alcantara. It started w/ a set of leather/alcantara/crested GT3 seats I got from LA Porsche dismantlers. Then, I switched out the door panels for 997 GT3 leather/ alcantara and added the leather stitching dash from the 09 987s. I did the lower dash in alcantara from Suncoast. Orange trim on the doors/handles, trim strip, and gearshift surround only. I got an interesting leather/alcantara defroster trim from Gemballa (now defunct) which looks really good w/ the rest of the interior. I can post some pictures at some point, but I wasn't sure people would be that interested since it's really more money than most care to spend.
:picsplz: Always good to share.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DaveC, you got me curious... yes, it must have costed you a Farm and a Sig but still we enjoy window shopping for things we cannot afford! Therefore please post pics here.

Flea, the center console is a must! I didn't take pictures after doing the upgrade (God this car did cost me a 997 in a year!!!:() but I promise to do so once I get her back. It did lighten up the interior and made so much difference. I believe Porsche should have them matching the exterior from the factory.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Well you cannot take it with you so might as well enjoy it. +1 on pictures please.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Here are some photos I took this morning. My wife loves this car and I rarely get to drive it. Can't blame her, unlike hubby she pays cash for all her toys!;)

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Here are some photos I took this morning. My wife loves this car and I rarely get to drive it. Can't blame her, unlike hubby she pays cash for all her toys!;)
Tastefully done. Very nice indeed. Your wife is a Classy gal.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,769 Posts
WOW!!! That looks fantastic! :dance:

I can see why the wife would drive it for a long time.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
997 door insert ??

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My favorite is the orange strip on top of the glove compartment..!!! That's what I loved in the Cayenne too! But it won't go along with my silver center console and my drained pocket :)

Plus it would look to feminine for me :D

Nevertheless, your wife is a lucky woman... God bless you both!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts