Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really enjoying my new-to-me 2008 Boxster S (Sorry no proper intro thread yet) but one thing I'd really like to do is hear it more! After going through the exhaust videos thread (thank you members!) and even the negatives of the drone topic, I've settled on trying the Borla exhaust.

I see it for sale from a million ebay sellers, but usually enthusiasts know of that 1 great place to buy it from where you get to support a sponsor and they have the best deal. What do you guys think?

I'd also be up for a used one if anyone is ready to part ways. Thanks for any tips!

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
I'm really enjoying my new-to-me 2008 Boxster S (Sorry no proper intro thread yet) but one thing I'd really like to do is hear it more! After going through the exhaust videos thread (thank you members!) and even the negatives of the drone topic, I've settled on trying the Borla exhaust.

I see it for sale from a million ebay sellers, but usually enthusiasts know of that 1 great place to buy it from where you get to support a sponsor and they have the best deal. What do you guys think?

I'd also be up for a used one if anyone is ready to part ways. Thanks for any tips!

My suggestion would be to call Borla and tell them that you are from Planet-9.com and want to try their exhaust. Sometimes they offer direct to customer discounts for our members, or at a minimum they will guide you to a reseller in your area. It doesn't hurt to try them directly first as well as to pick their brain about sources to purchase from. They have pretty good insights as to who some of the better resellers are. Ask for Chris Higgins if you call, he has helped other members here including myself with past inquiries.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My wife has a Borla exhaust on her '07 S and LOVES it. We purchased it used from a P9 member in what was a great transaction.

Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I found mine on Ebay lightly used for $800 shipped, and I do mean lightly. Guy had it on for about 2 weeks and couldn't take the noise. There are deals occasionally if you look hard. Oh, and the Borla sounds amazing. I wish I had recorded the noise it made in the Turn 4 tunnel at Daytona this past weekend. Even got a smile from the Trooper working the traffic. -Todd

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rickycham has messaged me about selling me a used one from he post above. I have decided to take him up on it. Used is a gamble but forums can be great for these things.

And Goo, you're right, SchnellAuto messaged me as well telling me he had an exhaust for me that was cheaper than a Borla. That might be nice, but all I see is the 987.2 exhaust with no price and $4k+ exhausts for the 987.1, no thank you! I have not received any other concrete info from him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts