Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Where to sell a CaymanS?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  D&D 
A dealer would lowball you on a stock car; a car with changes such as you have made would be a tough sell for them and they would likely come in even lower or decline to acquire the car.
I echo this... when I tried to sell my '07 Cayman -- the dealer really didn't want to touch it since I had coil overs -- and that was about it. Even CarMax said they would take it at "wholesale" since it looked very well cared for.
I ended up selling it to a local speciality sports car dealer. They like to keep some "low priced" inventory on the lot to help with traffic -- most of the cars on their lot were very high end cars: Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche Turbo's, etc. Epilog to my experience -- the speciality lot gave me a bit over wholesale, cleaned it up even a bit more and it sold off their lot in a week.
Unfortunately, I don't live near high density markets so my efforts to sell on auto trader, etc were not successful.
Good luck..
D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.