Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Revhead
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 987.2 is in for service, and they have given us a 2015 981 as a loaner. I know they went to an electronic parking brake in the 981, but I thought it still had an actuator on the center console - however, neither of us can find any sign of any such button or actuator on this car!

Are we both going blind, or did they do away with any sort of manual actuation in the latest cars, and if so, under what circumstances is it supposed to engage and disengage?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Like chow said, its in front of your left knee. Push to engage, pull(while pushing the brake pedal) to disengage. Alternatively, you can put on your seatbelt and drive away in which case it will disengage itself.

·
Revhead
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Danke schön.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
If the car has voice activation, you can say: "Achtung! Engagen das parkenbraken!" It won't work, though. They failed to program that in...

·
Registered
120 Posts
If the car has voice activation, you can say: "Achtung! Engagen das parkenbraken!" It won't work, though. They failed to program that in...
Or maybe it's because you are not being formal enough: "Engagen Sie...". Or maybe it's because you are not being assertive enough to show who is boss through the familiar: "Engagest du...". Or maybe...

Reactions: MidEngine-Fan

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Funny... after reading this thread and getting a chuckle out of it... I now kinda want to learn all the voice control commands in German just so I can exclusively talk to my car in German to amuse and confuse my passenger. :D

Reactions: MidEngine-Fan

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Funny... after reading this thread and getting a chuckle out of it... I now kinda want to learn all the voice control commands in German just so I can exclusively talk to my car in German to amuse and confuse my passenger. :D
If you talk to the car in German, it will obey better, not having to internally translate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts