Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious what folks think - ideally those that have owned both...

What 911 (any generation, trim-level, engine, etc) probably has the closest 'feel' to a 981 Boxster GTS? (in my case). I really love my 981 (have owned a base, now a GTS) and foresee holding it for a long time, but someday I imagine I'll dabble into a 911 ownership - maybe a short experience, maybe an upgrade...

but the qualities of 981 I love that I wonder which 911 retains:

• neutral handling
  • lovely sound (boxster roof down audio :)
  • small

I think? that leans things more to... 997.2's? 991s might start feeling a bit "fat" and not "small" anymore?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm interested in others experiences too. I drove a base 991.2 manual and was underwhelmed. My base 981 felt far sportier.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm interested in others experiences too. I drove a base 991.2 manual and was underwhelmed. My base 981 felt far sportier.
Interesting. Three years ago I thought it was time to get another 911 and test drove base 991.2. It felt disconnected compared to my 987.1S.

·
Registered
50 Posts
997 is a nice drive, but different, it feels bigger, heavier and quite numb up front, you rely on faith at turn in. The engines feel better, and out of the corner they really do feel awesome. The 991 probably feels most similar, same generation of steering, engines and less 911 like than the 997.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts