Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing brakes on my 2006 CS. I'm happy with the stock pads and don't track . Looking for brand recommendations.

Also doing a brake flush and would appreciate recommendations as to which fluid to use and how much fluid to buy.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic
183 Posts
I’ll let others chime in on that as I haven’t replaced mine yet plan to next year. Will start by looking looking at Hawk (based on experience with other sports cars). But there are other brands equally or more popular.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll let others chime in on that as I haven’t replaced mine yet plan to next year. Will start by looking looking at Hawk (based on experience with other sports cars). But there are other brands equally or more popular.
Thanks very much. I appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got the Ferodo pads from FCP Euro, really like them. Note that the brake sensor isn’t compatible with them so you need to short your sensor wire.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I track my car 4-5 times a year. I have used PFC, but find the Ferodo superior. That said, if I wasn’t tracking, I doubt I would make the extra investment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
As long as it's a DOT 4 fluid the brand doesn't really matter: they're all cross compatible and all meet the spec
Some are better than others - especially for boiling point and wet boiling point, even though they all "meet the spec" some manage to exceed the spec. ATE is good (very popular in the BMW performance world). I'm sure Pensotin is good. And I'm sure a bit of Googling will turn up all the specs on different brands. ATE brake fluids
If you're considering track duty I'd suggest ATE. It really doesn't cost more.. not in the long run.

Reactions: lastone

·
Registered
24 Posts
Doing brakes on my 2006 CS. I'm happy with the stock pads and don't track . Looking for brand recommendations.

Also doing a brake flush and would appreciate recommendations as to which fluid to use and how much fluid to buy.

Thanks!!
For street driving, I’d suggest the Textar pads, which you can get from Pelican Parts for a decent price. They are OEM equivalent. That’s what I used before I started tracking (and then moved up to PFC). Re fluid, I like Motul fluid, and it’s not that expensive. I use the Motul RBF660, which has a high boiling point because I track the car. I’m sure lower grades of Motul would be fine as well for street driving.

Re brake sensors, I just cut mine off and spliced the wires together, because I found them a pain to swap frequently for the track, and I check my brakes all the time so don’t really need them anyway. Makes pad swaps much easier without them. Personal preference.

For brake fluid bleeding I like the Schwaben (sp?) tool, which you can also get from Pelican. Finally, there is a ratcheting pad spacer that works well for compressing the pistons to make it easer to get pads in. You may already know all this. Just throwing it out there. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts