Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking of getting new toms sensors from titan but after doing some reading I found some of the options they offer such as the oro tek ones didn't work some peoples cars.

I have an 08 CS with the 19 inch oe wheels, I am just wondering which type of sensor should I get from them? I go to their page and they have many different choices so I am a little confused.

They have:
Titan oe
ITM oe
Oro Tek oe
Huf Beru
some are 433 mhz and some are 315 mhz

Please help I am really confused as to which one is the ones that are known to work without any problems.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I used the Titan ones, 433mhz, for my 2007 CS. Good price and worked perfectly. Since your car is in the same series, I should think they would be the same.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Same here, Titan 433MHz for my 07 CS (listed as compatible for 2006-2009), worked perfectly. Got them from Titan TPMS | OE Replacement Tire Pressure Sensors, a p9 sponsor.
+3 as above. I relayed my 2008 vin number to my original dealer who in turn confirmed the 433 mhz. And quoted $250......EACH! My new Titan's will be installed next Thursday and will hopefully activate as quickly and as easily as I've read happens most times for others. And toss the old ones rather than store them in the glove box. That will guarantee errors because the old ones aren't completely dead yet even if you aren't getting any readings at all.:cheers:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm getting some Titans installed tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm getting some Titans installed tomorrow.
As noted by Budman, make sure you ditch the old ones at the tire place, don't drive home with the old sensors in the car!

Make sure your tire guy torques the wheel bolts with a torque wrench (~95lbft), not the stupid air gun. Also make sure they set the correct pressure (label in driver's side door jamb). When you're ready to leave, go to your dash menu. Change from summer tires to winter tires, and then back again. This tells the computer to relearn the TPMS sensors. Then just drive home! Take the long way if it's less than 15 minutes or so. The new sensors should be up and reporting properly by the time you get home.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
As noted by Budman, make sure you ditch the old ones at the tire place, don't drive home with the old sensors in the car!

Make sure your tire guy torques the wheel bolts with a torque wrench (~95lbft), not the stupid air gun. Also make sure they set the correct pressure (label in driver's side door jamb). When you're ready to leave, go to your dash menu. Change from summer tires to winter tires, and then back again. This tells the computer to relearn the TPMS sensors. Then just drive home! Take the long way if it's less than 15 minutes or so. The new sensors should be up and reporting properly by the time you get home.

:cheers:
God input racer. Thanks. One question before this thread dies.....when changing from summer to winter and back again do you have to drive until it learns the winter setting or just toggle out of the "set" portion and toggle back in. In other words, two "Sytem Learning" cycles/drives or just the final one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
...when changing from summer to winter and back again do you have to drive until it learns the winter setting or just toggle out of the "set" portion and toggle back in. In other words, two "Sytem Learning" cycles/drives or just the final one?
Just the final one, no driving/learning on winter setting. Switch to winter, toggle out of 'set', then immediately switch back to summer, toggle out and start driving.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just the final one, no driving/learning on winter setting. Switch to winter, toggle out of 'set', then immediately switch back to summer, toggle out and start driving.
Yes, bbb is correct. Just switch it over and then switch it back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts