Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

3421 - 3440 of 3498 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,421
NOW I understand. Ms. Fonda, aka "Hanoi Jane" by some, has been a "climate scientists for decades and decades"

Got it. I guess the world is ending.

For the serious about this. LOSE YOUR SALES PERSONNEL. They are killing your cause. End of the video.

And she's been busted again.
Nothing helps the Climate Change cause more than disrupting irritated commuters trying to get to work and watching the 81 year old Barbarella actress busted every Friday until the weather gets cold.

That certainly motivates me to care.

·
Super Moderator
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,422
WOTD - This is new

Today I got about 3 or 4 phone calls from myself. I looks like the scammers are spoofing your own phone number and calling the intended victim. 🙄

I expect the FTC and Congress to do nothing. Telephone have become useless.

But it is fun seeing your own number calling yourself. Pretty cool 😄

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
WOTD - Enablers of bad behavior

Check this one out ...

After hundreds of collisions, after numerous attempts to signal the problem to the drivers approaching it, last of which was to laser-measure the vehicle height (?!?!?) and then flash red warning lights if too high ... after all this, what do they decide to do? Raise the bridge. Unbelievable.

Why do we have to accomodate bad behavior what seems to me every single time? So they refuse to pay attention? Let them crash. Every one that crashes will get to their senses even if only temporary, but better than to let them be zombies while driving at least 10,000 pounds vehicles. And if the trouble to close the road while getting them unstuck was too big? What the HELL is wrong with banning truck traffic on that section of that street ?!?? Why do we have to keep thinking of trucks as cars? Why do they have to be able to go everywhere just like cars?

I am seriously disgusted.

·
Super Moderator
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,424
LOL 😆

https://constitutionus.com Article 1, Section 10

"No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation"

TL;DR?

"The United States today filed a civil complaint against the state of California ... the California Air Resources Board, ... for unlawfully entering a cap and trade agreement with the Canadian Province of Quebec. The state of California has veered outside of its proper constitutional lane to enter into an international emissions agreement. The power to enter into such agreements is reserved to the federal government,"

That's CARB right? Expect some pain. The whine? Waste of government resources to spend time on this. Waste of taxpayer money. CA should know only the Federal gov can make international agreements.

·
Super Moderator
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,426
Kudos to these guys. This is top tier whining. 🏆

TL;DR, as I read it. The EPA disbanded our committee 😢So we'll meet anyway without government involvement, whine about it, and publish our whine in a website that's ranked 3,567 thats meant for "the vital role that academic experts can play in the public arena." That ranking ought to be a hint that no one is going to read it other than people like me who read what "academic experts" think.

Top Tier Whine. I like it. 👍

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
WOTD - Enablers of bad behavior

Check this one out ...

After hundreds of collisions, after numerous attempts to signal the problem to the drivers approaching it, last of which was to laser-measure the vehicle height (?!?!?) and then flash red warning lights if too high ... after all this, what do they decide to do? Raise the bridge. Unbelievable.

Why do we have to accomodate bad behavior what seems to me every single time? So they refuse to pay attention? Let them crash. Every one that crashes will get to their senses even if only temporary, but better than to let them be zombies while driving at least 10,000 pounds vehicles. And if the trouble to close the road while getting them unstuck was too big? What the HELL is wrong with banning truck traffic on that section of that street ?!?? Why do we have to keep thinking of trucks as cars? Why do they have to be able to go everywhere just like cars?

I am seriously disgusted.
At least Boston has its twice annual event of trucks getting "Storrowed", when students move in/out.

·
Super Moderator
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,428
Meanwhile, I need to move to Dallas. I see no reason to pay for anything anymore. If the consumer can just steal what they want as long as its less than $750, I expect anarchy to prevail and better move before all the stores leave.
My "move" comment was obviously sarcasm made in disgust, but my anarchy prediction was spot on, just the wrong state. I should have guessed better. My bad. :rolleyes:

"... thousands of dollars in losses to shoplifting, and say the thieves don't appear to be facing consequences.... every single day shoplifters come in and take what they want, and don't face severe enough consequences if the stolen items are under a certain amount. "It’s happening every day, hour by hour,” said 7-Eleven Franchise Owner, Jassi Dhillon."

"They will bring in calculators and get all the way up to the $950 limit," Michelin told Fox News, adding that "one person will go into a store, fill up their backpack, come out, dump it out and go right back in and do it all over again." ... They will go into a grocery store, steal alcohol and walk out the front door with it," she said. "They know no one is going to prosecute them."

I don't find this appalling. I find it disgusting.

This is interesting, the Law of Unintended Consequences

"California is one of a handful of states that doesn't hand out plastic shopping bags. To get one, the purchaser has to pay an additional dime. Residents looking to save ten cents and spare the environment typically put merchandise in a purse, backpack or have it in their hand when they walk out, an unintended consequence of which is shoplifters can easily "fit in and walk out" with the paying crowd."

:LOL: Clean the environment, enable thieves.

·
Super Moderator
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,429
Today I was behind two young ladies. They were at a light waiting to turn against traffic. While waiting, the driver had her hand out the window continually flicking lit cigarette ash, not a care in the world.

We have had like .10" rain in a month. Everything is dry, the grass is dormant, fire is easy. Sure enough, ashes headed to the dry grass in the medium. Light turned green, they turned left, and she flipped the lit cigarette into the street. Well, its on asphalt, right? But a pickup came the other way and because the butt was so light just lifted it in the wind, smoke trailing from it. I dont know where it ended.

WTH is wrong with people? Really are they that ignorant or just stupid? What do they teach young people? Anything? :rolleyes: Becoming increasingly disgusted with people who think "its all about me".

WOTD - No One Understands How Anything Works Anymore

Pro Tip #8
Accidently start a fire by littering with a lit butt? Don’t do the crime unless you can pay the fine.

The internet is filled with examples, easy to find. Its not only littering but if it caused a fire, you could be held responsible.

Tossed cigarette sparks brush fire on I-5 in Washington

“… people throwing cigarette butts out their car windows are starting brush fires nearly every day.”
The state literally is on fire, so please keep that lit cigarette inside your car

"If a cop catches you, you could be slapped with a $1,025 fine. … troopers made 364 stops for people flicking lit cigarettes, termed “lit debris,” out car windows."

Read more here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/traffic/article172146257.html#storylink=cpy
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Today I was at light, two lanes, waiting to turn. My wife points to the car next to her in the inside lane, a car full of stickers, right on the paint :rolleyes: All the stickers indicated a "proud" member of the party of science. They were many stickers, some insulting.

It was a female driver. She rolled down the window and, unbelievable, flipped her cig butt ashes out the window. Its Autumn. The leaves are falling and dry. They can catch fire. I thought the party of science was all about the environment and saving the world cause "We are all going to die".

WTH? Hypocrisy littering the earth with cigarette ashes.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I normally do not align with Trump administration ideas or actions. However, I made a case long before Trump ever made his bid for presidency about one city being able to dictate environment laws to 330 million people and how that is just inherently wrong. City is LA and the in the question were new rules about car emissions pushed forward by CARB.

I won't go long here, but the article below is all you need to know to actually support Trump in stripping the CARB of power to set standards for the rest of the country.

I will repeat again : U.S. sits on natural gas reserves that, in Joules, it could feed country's need for energy for more than a century ALONE. It is inherently cleanest hydrocarbon fuel (you all saw thoses city busses running on it and blasting their greeneness on the bus panels) you can burn.

Yet, because of someone's insanity and/or greed, we cannot have our cars converted to bi-fuel (CNG + gasoline) and now we won't even be able to cook properly (all cooks know that electricity is for refrigerating, gas is for cooking) thanks to fruitcakes and nuts in California. It is time for Trump to put muzzle on those dogs. It went WAY too far already.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,731 Posts
Agreed. Policies such as these are naively well-intentioned, and/or.promoted as environmentally friendly by vested interest groups. A basic understanding of the second law of thermodynamics informs us that the QUALITY of electric power can be put to MUCH better use [e.g. for locomotion] than converting it to heat [e.g. for cooking].
As Sy Sims used to say, in his television advertisements, "An educated consumer is our best customer."

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,434
WOTD - Bags? What bags?

The other day, late on a rainy afternoon, I went to a national chain dept store. I bought 5 or so small items, took them to the register, and checked out. The cashier just looked at me and then said

"Do you want a bag?"

No, its raining out, I thought I'd just try to juggle the items in the pouring rain and try to make sure they don't drop.

WTH? :mad: I don't know the official reason for this but I guess its the plastic bag nonsense as if not giving a plastic bag is going to save anything. On a related note, I've noticed the restaurants have given up on the paper straws and gone back to just handing out plastic straws.

Today I went, for the first time in decades, to a chain warehouse store. Checking out, they just threw the small items at the end of the counter.

WTH? So I asked, "where's the bag?"

No bags. Hmm, Thats a loss to YOU. Not to me. I have no need to go there, just tried it on a lark since I hadn't been in many years. Now I remember why I haven't gone in many years and the reason was I really do not need to buy 40lbs of laundry detergent at a time, 200 batteries at once, 40 lbs of dog food, and 10lbs of hamburger, and 48 donuts.
and now

Now I can add, I am not going to carry small items loose to the car. WTH?

Your loss, not mine. I don't care if the price is a bit higher where there is actual service.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
WOTD: Where the FUC#%K did democracy go and why the FUC$%K do we still have kings here?

Let me go back in the time machine. Human memory is notoriously more unreliable than unmaintained Porsche, but I think the year was 2005 or 2006. This was when I completely lost any hopes in this country.

You have to understand, US of A is a beacon, a dream, a fatamorgana in the desert of many people who never put a foot here that should be placed in the dictionary as a definition of words such as "freedom", "citizenship", "citizen-ownership", "democracy when defined as opposed to monarchy" ... and all kind of other things.

Now, moderators, it is not my fault that I will be talking about POTUS, but I ASSURE you it has nothing to do with partisan politics and everything to do with governance. So, I am asking for some broad lenience. OK?

Good. I arrived here on the afternoon of May 31st of 2001. Cincinnati airport. I still have vivid images of that trip. Now, my first doubt that any of the things two paragraphs above can possibly be true was when, in 2005 or 2006 POTUS decided to:

- visit Indian Hill community of Cincinnati Metro Area

- for a private foundaiser of some big honcho

- that had nothing to do with State business

- and for which Ohio River traffic was blocked, CVG airport was in lockdown at the time when it was biggest Delta hub after ATL and EVERY Interstate was blocked going North from CVG

- and all of that at 4 PM of a work day

I remember myself literally screaming at people trying to explain that not even fucki$ng Windsors would EVER even remotely think to pull such a stunt .... just to find myself surrounded by blanked-out faces who had no clue what the problem was.

Well, just so you know, Dayton Air Force base is leasurely 15-20 min chopper flight away. Indian Hill has multiple properties with helipads - very rich people live there. But where would be the fun of being POTUS if I cannot see people suffer, squeal and scream when I descend upon them with a great vengeance and impossibly big penis, right? Who the fuc##%k wants to go through the trouble to be elected if I cannot do this. RIGHT?

For the record, Cincinnati mayor of the time needs to be hanged, Hamilton County commissioner needs to be hanged and Ohio Governor at the time needs to be hanged. That said, it is ALL people's fault for this. Instead of launching Molotov cocktails to police vehicles and boats on Ohio river, they were sitting on the river and Interstates bleating like sheep.

Why I am writing this today? I just escaped a very, VERY miserable evening courtesy of Mr Trump.

I landed this evening on Harrisburg, PA airport and was informed that POTUS will be there shortly to go to Hershey, PA.

I swear to my life and that of my mother. I have seen about 50 (yes, that is FIFTY) emergency vehicles parked on all Interstates and divided highways around Harrisburg, PA. All waiting to block all Interstate and highway traffic when a Man With The Biggest **** In The Country lands so the area people can squeal and moan under the weight of such a big ****.

Let me tell you this. I am not sure that there were enough resources left to dealcwith a big emergency - something like a pileup on the highway (it was wet and raining in dark) or a building collapse or somesuch. If that happened this evening in Central PA, all those citizens would have probably been SOL and would die, thank the Man With The Biggest **** In The Country for that.

See, when we-the-people-will-let-you-have-your-fancy-hats monarchy is alive, it is not a problem. They, the Monarchy, understand that they are tollerated as long as they behave and not overstay their welcome. But when these A$$HOLES play Kings and nobody is stopping them ... do we really have Freedom? Democracy? Citizenship? Citizen-ownership? Democracy-defined-as-opposite-from-Monarchy?

Not according to this moron, we do not.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
WOTD : Orwell's 1984 and corporate governance

Sitting at the airport, I just got across this article (link below on the bottom). Thoughful, thought-provoking and well written.

I am not going to comment much, except for two things. First one is the "if A is good, ten times A is usually not only not 10 times as good, but very probably flat-out bad". I have been around manufacturing for 20+ years now in the role of providing it best automation money can buy in the given niche. I am still appalled at what I see in US plants and most of it stems from total ignorance about A written above. There IS such thing as "too much of a good thing". What's happening now in streaming business is exactly that.

Then, author calls current situation "Balkanization" of the sector. Hit the nail dead-on the head. Just like, back in 1991, I quietly left the Balkanization madness, I am doing exactly the same now. I wanted to see again "Novecento" by Bernardo Bertolucci. Did I even try Amazon, Hulu or Netflix (have them all and pay for them)? Nope. And got it in less than couple of hours. Give it a year and I will have ZERO reasons to keep any of them. Explain that to your shareholders.

The streaming giants are erasing cinema’s history

·
Super Moderator
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,437
in 2005 or 2006 POTUS decided to:

- visit Indian Hill community of Cincinnati Metro Area

- for a private foundaiser of some big honcho

- that had nothing to do with State business

- and for which Ohio River traffic was blocked, CVG airport was in lockdown at the time when it was biggest Delta hub after ATL and EVERY Interstate was blocked going North from CVG

- and all of that at 4 PM of a work day
Interesting subject. I remember this in 2009, a two day special on the Obama WH. Ever been to 5 guys for hamburgers? Part of the special was the trip to 5 Guys.

After watching this live, I looked it up and there was a 5 guys around so I went and it was pretty good. Now they got hotdogs and grill cheese too. Can you imagine the nightmare it must have been to get a motorcade out into the city for fast food?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
After watching this live, I looked it up and there was a 5 guys around so I went and it was pretty good. Now they got hotdogs and grill cheese too. Can you imagine the nightmare it must have been to get a motorcade out into the city for fast food?
In fact, I thought it will come to that. Chow, it is NOT only one party or only the other, ALL of them do stupid crap like that and we the people take it without vaseline.

Clinton famously blocked CVG in 1999 I believe for an extra hour or more so he can get a haircut aboard Air Force One before leaving CVG.

Whoever lets them do this crap needs to go to jail.

And, above all else, we the people need to send them the message that it is not OK and we won't tolerate it much further.

·
Super Moderator
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,439
3421 - 3440 of 3498 Posts