Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I need help from all those Cayman experts out there! My Cayman S 2007 (Tiptronic) is making a whistling/chirping noise (kinda hard to describe so I've attached the sound) when I slightly depress the gas pedal. Has anybody heard this noise before? I've just replaced the oil air separator last week, so it can't possible be the OAS. Please share your knowledge! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Random thought: is your power steering fluid level OK?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Random thought: is your power steering fluid level OK?
Power steering fluid level was about 1cm below the cold limit bar and approximately 1.5cm below the hot limit bar. Do you recommend I add more power steering oil (Power Steering Fluid - Pentosin CHF202)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take off the serp belt and run the car, if the sound goes away, its a compenent driven by the belt.
Roger. I am going to do some research how to get to the serp belt and then I am on my way down to find out. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm gonna vote for a bad idler pulley. Almost sure it's something belt-driven so when you pop the belt off you'll know right away. This happens all the time, hot and cold, right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna vote for a bad idler pulley. Almost sure it's something belt-driven so when you pop the belt off you'll know right away. This happens all the time, hot and cold, right?
YES! Usually 20 to 30 seconds after start-up and frequently when I am stuck in traffic. I've failed to open up the engine cover on rear wall of passenger. Stripped the screw while forcing it to open... sigh what a fail.. OTL

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Power steering fluid level was about 1cm below the cold limit bar and approximately 1.5cm below the hot limit bar. Do you recommend I add more power steering oil (Power Steering Fluid - Pentosin CHF202)?
Yes you should top it off. Not sure where you are located but I bought the Pentosin from Amazon. Be careful not to spill it on anything rubber as it will attack the rubber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts