Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Love the look of the Boxster Spyder in white but not too practical in the northeast( removing the top, high way noise, unable to use car washes etc)
Going to stick with 18" wheels and non pasm

1) What do you guys think of A Boxster S PDK in white with red interior?

2) what color top would be good with it? REd or black or cocoa ?

3) Sport Exhaust , PSE worh it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Love the look of the Boxster Spyder in white but not too practical in the northeast( removing the top, high way noise, unable to use car washes etc)

Thanks
White with red interior is gorgeous. Search the forums for pictures.
I have PSE and am very happy that I got it. Search for threads talking about this. Most like it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
You're going to take your car through car washes?! :eek:

White would red would be very striking. If you're going with red interior, I don't think a brown top would look right. Either red or black would be my choice.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
I have seen the photos of white Boxster Spyder with red interior and it does look very striking in a Speed Racer kind of way. If you want to roll up and say HEY I'm Here Let's Get the Party Started - yup that would do it.

My preference is Classical Elegance and if I were lucky enough to have your choices, I would go for Cocoa interior and top. You'll be rolling up and say Hello this is Old Money and this is Refined Elegance.

Nothing wrong with either one, just what statement are you going for.

Here is a white Turbo Cabriolet with Sandy Beige. This would be my next car of choice but with full on Cocoa Leather interior and top but then I wake up.

·
Registered
992 Posts

Thanks
1) Sounds attractive :)
2) Red or black would get my vote
3) Not at all

·
Registered
389 Posts

Thanks
Red and cocoa interiors are awesome! I have a GT SIlver Cayman S with full leather cocoa and love that cocoa. It is different enough but very elegant. I also just placed an oder for a 911S in Meteor with Carrera Red and cannot wait. I have seen the Red interior and love it with Meteor and with White. In fact almost did the 911 in Carrera White with Carrera Red but that was one of the 6 cars I built before my final build. I would say either one works well with the White If it was me and I was doing the cocoa I would do the cocoa top however with the red I would go with a black top. I think the red top might be too much with all of that red interior. In fact I broke up my interior in the 911 by doing deviated black carpet and adding carbon fiber bits. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts

Thanks
White Boxster RED interior, BLACK top. My friend had a Sport Exhaust on his first Boxster and not on his second. He misses it badly.

SpeedART exhausts are nice and cheaper than Sport but you have to install them or get them installed.. I have on on my Cayman S.

You can probably pick up a used one from group buyers who bought them and want something else. Some of us just won't ever have the perfect exhaust!

I got the SpeedART TUV approved one. The Export model is a little sportier. I think I could have got the Export and been happy. Both are good and look terrific on the car.

If I were buying new, I'd probably order the Sport Exhaust and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
There are new design packages for the Boxster that include Spyder wheels in black w/ black mirrors, side vents, and some black interior painted trim. A white Boxster S w/ a carrera red interior would look very sharp w/ one of these packages. The red interior needs, IMHO, a little black to break it up. FWIW I also think the red interior benefits from a few extra pieces in leather like the steering column in particular. I like the red soft top, but black will likely be more practical. Check Porsche's website or w/ your dealer about the design packages if this interests you. Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts

Thanks

If you're doing a red interior I would go with red on the top as well. Although I prefer the RS 60 look of grey with a red top and interior

G

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
contemplated white with red and may still get one if I add a Boxster to my lineup
I'd get red top, definitely not cocoa unless you are doing cocoa interior
I agree that red interior is a little too red, so I'd get deviating carpet in black and add the carbon package as well
white with red interior and red top is a hot combo!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I got the sport muffler with the package and recommend it.

The power gain is negligable and not noticable in my 2008 S.

The sonic increment is however a total grin, but keep in mind that it is already pretty sweet in the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Yeah I really like the cream white w/ the red top. The red interior could have used some exterior color and some additional leather over the plastic. It gets expensive very quickly however. The cream w/ red top and red leather reminds of 356s. I went w/ cream and black for the 911, not as dramatic, but I enjoy the nostalgia nonetheless, as we old people are known to do.;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've got Carrara White with black and black top and numerous white interior accents. Added the interior bits and now I love the interior. BUT, if I ordered it form new it would be White with Terracotta and the same interior bits in white as well as white seat backs. Probably black top if Terracotta wasn't available. Now the cream is stunning too but I'd do that with either the Terracotta or one of the browns, IMO the red is shocking (which is great with white, black or silver) but the cream is more subdued and deserves a more conservative color interior.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.