Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bit of a play with a white Cayman today on a busy dual carriageway. First time I've appreciated just how loud the sports exhaust sounds to a car behind when you lift off. I had the roof down but it was so loud!

I felt a bit inadequate as not quite up to temperature, so less noise, but appreciated the major thumbs up and mutual respect.

Love my perfect blue Boxster GTS but white was my second colour and it looked great on a Cayman. Next time hope to see you on a windy road!

3,000 miles and it just gets better and better. So much fun just driving hope from work everyday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had a bit of a play with a white Cayman today on a busy dual carriageway. First time I've appreciated just how loud the sports exhaust sounds to a car behind when you lift off. I had the roof down but it was so loud!

I felt a bit inadequate as not quite up to temperature, so less noise, but appreciated the major thumbs up and mutual respect.

Love my perfect blue Boxster GTS but white was my second colour and it looked great on a Cayman. Next time hope to see you on a windy road!

3,000 miles and it just gets better and better. So much fun just driving hope from work everyday.
Hey Asty!

Was as great to see you. Your car looked awesome - especially in the rear view mirror. Amazing how much more aggressive it looks than a standard box.

I procrastinated for ages on whether to go box or cayman and for the first time I felt I'd made the wrong decision. Let me know if you are going for a run round some twisties!

Mike

·
Registered
507 Posts
small world huh?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let's face it, they both look good. The Cayman looks good all the time, the Boxster more so, but only really with the roof down.

Choice for me was less of an issue. Always had hard tops before, but first convertible was my previous car, a Z4 35i, and now the wife won't go back. We actually went out looking at an F Type S convertible which was 'nice' but had no wow factor. It's huge, has zero boot space, and made too much noise with no real off button.

We don't like the original Boxster, but she convinced me to go take a look and it was the right car for us. I was impressed with the boot space, quality of interior, sports exhaust and road feel. She was impressed it was the first car that didn't make her feel travel sick as a passenger when I drive fast. Result :)

Will definitely let you know when I'm around if you fancy a sunny Sunday trip somewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have to say the F type does nothing for me at all. I've always had soft tops before - but I just love the look of the new Cayman, but I would love a box on nights like the other day

I am amazed at how loud it is as well! did you have sports button on yesterday? The cayman with the engine encased in the interior is V loud.

What time are you finishing work today? Might see you again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts