Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am looking for some pictures of the interior trim painted white on a car with Ocean Blue leather (or black). I am toying with having my silver trim changed to white as I have a full ocean blue leather with white varigated stitching throughout.

My only issue is that I would like to do all the silver so would be interested to see if anyone has white trim around the gear lever (i have PDK with leather surround but there is still a strip of silver.

Also, what colour to paint the spokes of the steering wheel? I feel that white here would be too much but would think leaving it silver would look odd

All comments and pics appreciated. :thanks:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Here are a couple pictures of my dad's '09 Cayman with white painted interior and black leather. I really like the way it looks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've debated on painting the spokes in my steering wheel white, but have decided against it.

Here's the reason:

There are several pieces in the interior that are silver. You have to have a balance of those silver pieces or they start to look out of place. You either need to do all pieces white or, like I said, leave a balance of silver. I believe the boot trim, the emergency brake lever, gear shift, door sill and the steering wheel are a nice balance.

The glove box handle is silver, but I had mine painted white. I think that is one option that the factory should provide on delivery.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've got the rear center console, upper door pulls and lower center piece on the steering wheel done but mine is on a Carrara White Boxster with white gauges and white roll hoops so there is a lot more for the white pieces to tie into. The transformation is unreal mainly due to the black vs. white contrasts. Best money I've spent on the car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Are the door pulls a factory option or custom?

Did you do the glove box catch yourself? If not, who would do such a small job for you?? Same question RE the steering bits....

I have a lot of interior black paint work as part of the DE1, bit I think there is room for a little more :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Are the door pulls a factory option or custom?

Did you do the glove box catch yourself? If not, who would do such a small job for you?? Same question RE the steering bits....

I have a lot of interior black paint work as part of the DE1, bit I think there is room for a little more :)
The door handles in my dad's car that I posted above came from the factory that way. Unless the dealer did it on their own... But the vehicle was purchased new with the handles white.

·
Registered
463 Posts
All the pieces are available that way from the factory if you know to order them that way. Mine actually doesn't have the upper door PULL done but rather the surround which was black (the door pull is silver). I believe the upper door pulls surrounds were part of the Orange Boxster Limited Edition trim bits along with the rear center console and some other pieces. I had the parts painted by Eric at Bumperplugs on his core exchange program when possible (the door pulls are not available on core exchange because you destroy the originals taking them off). When doing the install locally at Detailing Dynamics, Eddie (one of the owners) suggested the steering wheel piece. I thought it really dressed up the base wheel and was relatively inexpensive. My Porsche dealer actually did the install on that piece at no charge because I didn't want to mess with the airbag (took them 5 minutes). I don't have the glove box piece done on mine, that was someone elses car but once you start theres no stopping with ideas and concepts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts